Chapter 3

Thor's POV

I left the hospital lab and closed my eyes in both exhaustion and fear. I leant against the wall and slowly let myself fall down to slumped on the floor. I covered my face and sighed heavily, keeping my mind on one thing: Peter.

"What's going to happen to Peter?" Asked Steve as he knelt next to me. I didn't know how to tell Steve that Peter would, magically and miraculously, survive his wounds even though he physically shouldn't. Two gunshot wounds and the amount of blood he lost should have killed him but yet he was alive. The gods must have been on his side.

"He'll live," I said and Steve pulled me into a hug. Steve knew how important Peter was to me. Steve was my rock and without him I wouldn't still be an Averager today. I rested my head on Steve's shoulder and cried softly. Steve rubbed my back but I could tell he was crying too because I felt a few wet droplets land on my shirt.

Thor's POV

I ran down the hall to Freya's room. Hydra had attacked us and we weren't ready for them. Peter was critically injured, Clint got shot, like always, but would survive, like always. Tony and Steve were badly beaten up but they would be okay, and, magically, Nat got out of the fight with only a few scratches. I didn't understand how she did that but I was just glad she was okay.

So far I have seen and checked on everyone except one person. The most important person to me.

Freya.

I had promised my brother that I would look after Freya after he died and nothing would make me break that promise. I ran into her room and flung open the door hoping to see Freya safe and unharmed. Instead, I saw nothing and no one.

"WHERE IS FREYA?!"

Freya's POV

Hydra had gotten me again and they weren't holding back. They were going to kill me if I didn't do what they asked. I didn't do as they asked.

They used this machine to take over my mind and I hated them for it. I didn't have the strength to stop them so I just had to suffer.

They often told me about a man called 'The Winter Soldier'. He sounded terrifying and I was glad he wasn't around me. I didn't need more dangerous and scary things around me.

A man came into the room and started dragging me down the hall back to the mind room. I kicked and screamed and tried to free myself from his grip but the man just gripped harder onto my arm and pulled me along behind him. I tried to use my magic but nothing happened.

Somehow they had figured out how to stop my magic. I hated that. Nothing I was doing was bringing the powerful magic to my fingers. I was stuck being useless and weak. It was horrible.

Something told me the Avengers were in danger and I wasn't there to help them. I needed to help them. I tried ever so hard to get my magic to work but nothing was happening. The only thing that happened was a terrible pain in my head and my whole body ached. The pain became too much and I fainted for the tenth time in a few hours.

A few hours later

I woke up and felt the familiar restrictions of straps around my wrists and ankles that kept me stuck to a chair. I had wires, tubes, machines and straps attached to every part of me and I felt like a lab rat. A few scientist looking people were writing things down but I couldn't tell what it was.

They flicked a switch and I could feel my magic coming back. My magic started coursing through my veins and I felt powerful once more. I felt my body go cold and everything seemed to be just out of my grasp. I could have reached out and grabbed my full power but when I tried to grap it I found it was just out of my reach. I tried once more to reach my power but instead, my body gave in to sleep.

My father came into my view and he was looking at the ground. I was so angry with him. I wanted to tell him so many things but he wouldn't listen. I didn't care and I yelled at him anyway. "Father, what the hell did you do? You promised me you'd come home! I was waiting for you to come home but you didn't. Why the hell did you leave? Why on Asgard did you have to die?" I said to my father slightly hoping to get an answer but I knew I wouldn't get one.

Loki's POV

I slumped in my chair and sighed. I had tried to make contact with Freya using magic and it had worked. She must have thought it was a dream but it wasn't. I heard everything she said and I felt horrible for upsetting her. I'm so sorry for upsetting you a few years ago. I want to let you know that I would have come and seen you but I can't. I'm a bit tied up.

I had been captured on one of my missions and I had been tied up to a wall in a cell at the bottom of a dungeon. I thank the norms That it was not my father's castle. I did have to figure out how to get out of here and to my daughter. Figuring out how would be the main issue. Of course, I could use my magic to get out but that would set off the alarms and then they would hurt her.

Hyrda had trapped me and apparently had Freya somewhere in their clutches too. Well, someone did and Freya was not safe and neither was I. I could never risk her life for my own freedom so we both stayed locked up. I just wished I knew who had her. "Ay, Odinson, Your daughter makes a great test subject," They said and a video started playing in front of me.

Freya was sitting on a chair with wires all around her. She pulled at her chains and I could see the pain on her face. She looked like she wanted death to take her. Her perfect brown ringlets for hair were out of place and she looked terribly dishevelled. For the first time, I saw my 18-year-old daughter and, besides the pain carved into her face, she looked just like her mother but with my eyes. I wished to help her but I couldn't. I pulled on my chains, causing deep rings of red over my wrists, and screamed at them to hurt me but let her go. They just laughed. 

Published: 29.7.2021