Chapter 26

Freya's POV

I woke up yet again to the tears of need from my baby girl. I slowly got out of bed and went to her crib to check on her. I leaned over the edge of the crib and looked into her brownish-green eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked and she wiggled around like a little worm.

I picked her up and held her to my chest which she liked. Once she was in my arms she calmed down and even giggled softly. I smiled at her and she made grabby hands at my face. "Hello Gersemi, I'm your mummy," I said and I smiled back at her.

"That's cute," I heard Nat's voice and I turned to see her standing at my door frame. "I was coming to check on you both." She said and came further into the room.

"Thanks, we are alright. Semi's a bit moody though." I answered and Nat chuckled.

"She'll be moody until the age of...forever." Nat told me and I acted like I was annoyed.

"Oh no, I guess you'll have two moody girls in the house." I said and Nat and I chuckled loudly. Gersemi liked our giggles and she giggled back at us.

Nat heard Semi's giggle and she smiled. "That was cute." Nat said and I chuckled again.

"She smiled this morning. And made grabby hands." I said and Nat came right over to me and smiled at Semi. Semi, who was absolutely loving the interactions, smiled back and made little grabby hands. "She wants you," I said and slowly handed Nat the very smiley baby.

Nat smiled again and Gersemi followed suit. We stood smiling, giggling and making fun faces at Gersemi and we always broke out laughing when she tried to do it all back at us.

When we finally calmed down I saw Tasha Sigyn hiding from us. I walked over to her and carefully picked her up. "It's alright Tasha, we were just having fun." I said and walked over to Nat and my baby. I didn't let Tasha Sigyn touch Gersemi but it was close enough for Semi to see Tasha Sigyn and vice versa.

I put Tasha Sigyn down and washed my hands before taking Semi back into my arms. Semi was getting upset now and I knew she was hungry. "Thank you for checking on us." I said and sat on the lounge.

"No worries. I'll come back later to. Remember, today you're going back to New Asgard." She said and then left the room

"Yeah, I've got everything ready to go." I said and smiled softly.

I got ready to feed Gersemi and I could help but think of her future. She'll grow up with just me with her. She will have Mrs Stone, Nat and probably Steve and Thor when we go visit them but does she need a more permanent male role model? I asked myself then gave myself an answer. No she won't because she will have me as a strong female role model and she will have Steve, Nat, Mrs Stone and possibly Thor as strong role models too. It would be nice if Peter was...back but sadly he isn't here right now. Maybe one day he will be. I miss him. I thought and started to feed Gersemi. "I miss Peter." I mumbled.

******

Nats POV

I walked into Freya's room to check on her and I found her lying on the lounge looking at the TV with Gersemi lying on her stomach. I smiled when I heard her sharing Peter's adventures with Semi. "Then your daddy swung around the building and broke through a tiny window. Your daddy was okay and he had to save some of his friends from falling down an elevator shaft. He was very brave to help them." Freya said and patted her daughters back softly to help her sleep. "I miss your daddy." Freya mumbled.

"Everyone misses him." I said, referring to Peter, and walked into the room. Freya moved her eyes to look at me and she smiled. "Telling her stories?" I asked and she nodded.

I joined her on the lounge after she carefully moved her head to rest it on my lap. "I want her to grow up knowing something about her dad. I didn't and I was so confused for a lot of my childhood about who he was and why I was so different." She said and I sighed. "At least I can tell her stories of her father." She said and smiled softly at Gersemi.

"She will grow up to be smart, funny, adorable and determined. She'll be strong, fierce, caring yet fair and she will show empathy. I know this because she will grow up to be taught those things. You'll be a wonderful mother." I said and she smiled.

"Thank you Nat," she said and I nodded softly. I saw a tear fall down Freya's face and she looked like nothing could make her smile again.

Gersemi fell asleep and so did Freya. I carefully stood up and took Gersemi from Freya's torso. I put Semi in her crib and smiled at her. "You are Gersemi Petra Sigyn Frigga FreyaDottir and you are going to be so loved. Your mum will do things you don't understand but if you have children of your own you will. Your mum will do everything in her power to keep you safe. Your mum will not have the answers to every question but she will answer every question she can. Your mum will stick with you through everything you do and she will always be on your side even if you feel she isn't. She is your mum and your one lucky kid." I said then went back to Freya and put a blanket around her.

I left the room and I could hear the soft snores of them both as I left. The closing of the door blocked their snoring from the rest of the building. I headed to the kitchen to make myself a sandwich. Peanut butter to be exact. We can leave for New Asgard tomorrow, I thought and smiled.

Published: 2.7.2022