Chapter 24

Freya's POV

I woke up to Semi crying for something yet again. I whined and imbued out of my bed and went to Semis crib. "What's going on girl? Why are we awake so early?" I asked and Semi seemed to shrug but thankfully her crying had stopped. "Are we hungry?" I asked and she nodded softly.

I quickly fed her then got us both dressed and went out to the living room to see Nat there's niddling in a sandwich. "I'm gonna get some groceries today," Nat said very matter of factly.

"Can I come with you? Please" I practically begged as being inside was beginning to drive me crazy. "I'll bring Semi and we can go out for lunch, get groceries and come back." I said, trying to make it more enticing to bring me and Semi along.

"Yeah of course," Nat said and I smiled softly.

"You were easy to convince," I said and sat next to Nat, placing Semi on my lap as she smiled at us.

"You didn't need to convince me in the first place. I was gonna ask if you wanted to come," Nat said and I smiled at her.

Within s few minutes we were leaving the compound and off to find a place to explore. "So Nat, what do you want Semi to call you when she can speak?" I asked and Nat shurgged softly.

"I'd assume just Nat, like everyone else," she said and I chuckled softly.

"But you may be special to Semi and you should have a name. Maybe like Aunt Nat or something because you've always been a sister to me," I said and Nat smiled.

"I like that, Auntie Nat," She said with a beaming smile.

"Then that shall be your name," I said and pointed out a small park I thought we could walk to and just hang out for a moment.

We walked to the park and I sat on a swing with Semi in my arms as Nat leant against the pole. I looked out at the view which was stunning. Diamond like water, spattered with brown and green ducks with the occasional colourful boat that sailed past us. It was magic.

"I can't wait to show Semi this when she is old enough to remember it," I said and help Semi so she could see it now.

Semi pointed to a duck and tried to say something but whatever it was just came out uuk. "Yeah, it's a Duck," I said and Semi chuckled softly.

******

We stood and sat for a few minutes more then got up and walked to find somewhere for lunch.

We stopped at a restaurant and quickly got seated and served our food as we already knew what we wanted. "So how are you going with…everything?" Nat asked as she stabbed a peicd of lettuce that had escaped her burger.

"Oh I'm alright," I said and looked down at my plate, picking at my chicken. I could feel Nat giving me her look that she knew I was lying.

"Freya, you don't have to pretend your okay, I won't judge you," Nat said and I sighed heavily.

"I know you won't…it's just really hard. I miss him so much and every time I look at Semi I see him," I said and Nat nodded softly. I continued to talk to Nat about Peter and how I felt. I offered to listen to her troubles but she requested not to answer my questions in detail.

After lunch we got groceries and headed home for the day. We were rather tried so we spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies happily.

******

"Oh Semi please go to sleep, I am begging you to sleep," I said and bounced Semi up and down hoping to get her to sleep.

"What's going on?" Nat asked and walked into my bedroom with a small smile on her face.

"Semi won't sleep right now and I've been trying so hard all day." I said. Yesterday and the few days before that Semi had slept fine but on our first night Nat had to help me. I was kinda hoping Nat could do whatever magic she had to help me tonight.

"Come over here," Nat said and went to the lounge so I followed her. Wed had a wild day of doing stuff so she were both exhausted anyway, let along the struggle of getting Semi to sleep.

After trying for atleast two hours Nat finally sighed and started humming a song I didn't know. Semi instantly calmed down and listened to the song.

"Oh you like that do you?" I asked and Semi smiled softly, closed her eyes and lay on my chest. "She likes your humming," I said and watched as Semi went off to sleep very quickly.

We sat in the lounge for a while before I spoke up again, falling asleep myself due to Nat's humming.

"Nat?" I asked and she muttered her response quietly, so she wouldn't wake my baby. "I have an important question for you," I said and she nodded softly.

"What's up Freya?" Nat asked and I could hear the exhaust in her voice. Nat and I had been up nearly all day working hard to try and kept Semi to sleep so we were both ready for a nap if our own.

"This is a random time to ask and I probably should have asked a while ago but I wanna know…would you be her Godmother?" I asked and Nat turned her head to look at me awkwardly. "I know it's a bit sudden and a bit strange but I really want to know that Semi will have someone to look out for her when she is gone," I said and Nat hugged me happily.

"Of course I'll be her Godmother. Nothing would make me happier," Nat said and I smiled. I snuggled against Nat and we both fell asleep, unaware of the stiffness we would feel when we woke up.

Published: 10.11.2022