Chapter 6

Thor's POV

"GO BACK!" I yelled and tried to convince Nat to turn the Quinjet around but she would not. She refused to go back to that building because we were seriously outnumbered and horribly injured. We didn't have the strength to go back but we needed to. "We need to save Freya, that's the whole point of us going!" I yelled but nobody said anything.

I slumped on a chair and glared at the ground angrily. We went to save her and we didn't save her. What a useless mission! She's stuck there still and we are just running away! We were supposed to save Freya. I thought and even more, anger welled up inside me. I tried to hide my anger but it was very hard. Everyone looked at me when thunder ripped through the sky. The quinjet started shaking and everyone looked at me concerned.

I was silently wishing Bruce was here because he was always able to calm me down. He always managed to calm me down enough to stop any storms I started. The avengers all looked at me like I was crazy and I sighed heavily. "Sorry," I mumbled and looked to the ground. Steve moved to sit next to me and he went to put his arm around me but I wished it was Bruce.

Bruce and I had a secret relationship but ever since he disappeared I felt really bad. I was so worried about Bruce but now I was terribly worried about Freya.

Freya's POV

I was, once again, tortured in an inch of my life before then being left alone in my cell for hours on end with no food or water. I sat in a corner of the cell and tried to stop the feeling of despair from taking over my mind. If I'm honest, I was doing a terrible job of keeping it at bay.

I listened to the mechanical hum of whatever machine was being used below me. The sound was freaking me out because I felt like they were going to use the machine on me. "Don't worry, we won't hurt the little one," I heard the voice of the Titan say. I looked up from my knees and glared at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked and glared daggers at him. He just smiled and began to walk away. "No, Stay! What do you mean?" I asked again and he turned to face me. For a moment I felt scared and I was worried he would hurt me because I yelled but he didn't.

"Do you really not know?" He asked and I shook my head. "How do you not know?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Don't know what?" I asked and the tough and scary expression on his face softened the tiniest bit. "What do I not know?" I asked, desperate for him to answer me.

"You're... What do midgardians and Asgardians say..." He said and thought for a moment for the right word that would explain what I didn't know. Just as he was about to tell me this alien squid creature turned up and told the titan something. They walked away and I was left feeling even more confused.

"No PLease! Come Back and tell me!" I yelled but he did no such thing. He just kept walking away from me and left me to be confused beyond belief. I curled back into a ball and hid my face once again. I didn't understand what was happening and all I wanted was to be back in bed with Peter's arms around my waist as we dreamt happily. I wanted my family back. I wanted the safety and comfort of my bed at home. I wanted the feeling of love around me once more. I wanted Peter back. I wanted, no need, a loving hug.

Thor's POV

I spent the rest of my afternoon on my bed having a hard time to think of anything else. The storm outside was getting worse as I got more and more worried. I was freaking out because of many reasons. I could hear the murmurs of the other Avengers as they walked past my room. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be scaring you, I'm just worried and angry about it. I miss Freya and I'm worried for her. She normally can hold her own in a fight but she seemed to be really struggling. I thought and the storm got worse.

I closed my eyes and tried to think of something that could calm me down. I tried to think of what Bruce would do to calm me down. I had no idea what to do and the thoughts of Freya made my mind keep wandering which caused me to feel even more like everything was my fault. I wanted to stay strong but my worry was too much. Thunder broke open the sky making the whole building shake in such a violent way that I swear something must have broken.

I shook my head to remove the thoughts and I wiped away the few tears on my cheeks. I went to the bathroom and decided a hot shower would be just the thing to possibly help me. I showered and tried to not think too much about all the people who were missing from my life. I hoped the hot water would help and it did. The hot water ran down my back and I let it run through my hair. I could hear the storm calming down outside as I managed to direct my thoughts to one thing. The next rescue attempt that was definitely going to happen.

Published: 14.8.2021