Chapter 8

Are you all okay with me kinda just skipping over Thor Ragnarok? It will be mentioned but not a big deal? I will kinda just skip over it. 

Jarvis's POV

Everyone had been on edge since the failed mission. There was a constant storm outside due to Thor's worry. The storm would ease up for a while then get worse so the Avengers knew when it was a good time to talk to Thor about what had happened. Steve went to check on Thor and found him sitting on the floor next to his bed and he looked very stressed.

"Thor, Are you alright?" Steve asked and sat on the floor next to Thor.

"Not really," Thor said and kept his eyes pointed to the floor. "Did you notice that during that fight Freya was struggling? She couldn't fight as well as normal. It was like something was impairing her ability to fight." Thor said and Steve looked at him in a sympathetic way.

"Thor, I don't wish to be rude but are you sure?" Steve said and Thor nodded softly to his question. "Any ideas on what could be affecting her?" Steve then asked Thor and he shook his head."Do you need anything?" Steve asked and Thor shrugged.

"I don't know Steve. What are we going to do to get Freya back?" Thor asked and Steve shook his head softly.

"We are working on it." Steve said and stood up to leave. "Let us know if you need anything," Steve added and he walked to the door.

As Steve left Thor mumbled "I need Bruce," I knew of his secret relationship with Bruce and I knew of his worry over Bruce and Freya. I understood his anxiety over everything and I understood the feeling of worry and fear the Avengers had. I also desperately wanted to find and rescue Freya for both her safety and well being and the Avengers safety and well-being. 

Thor looked out the window and sighed heavily. "We have to get Freya back. I promised Loki to look after her before he died. I've failed my brother..." Thor said and looked back to the floor. "I failed him," he muttered and then hid his face in his knees. It was weird seeing Thor in such a vulnerable mental place but I knew he was like this for a reason.

Freya's POV

After an hour-long session of me being slashed, stabbed, punched, kicked and thrown to the floor and walls, Nebula and I had finally finished our fight. I sighed heavily and ripped the dagger from my upper thigh. "Good attempt," Nebula said and I groaned softly.

"You are a good fighter but that was very unfair. I can barely stand as it is, how do you expect me to fight?" I asked and she smiled happily.

"Because if you are in immense pain and can barely move but you can still protect yourself from an attacker, then you are a good fighter." She said and put her hand out to me. I took it and she pulled me up. "Let's hope your daughter is as fierce as you," She said and left the room without another word.

Did I hear her right or am I just so exhausted that I misheard her? Did she really just say that? My daughter? I don't have a daughter! I have never had a kid and I'm personally too young for that! I thought in my own head. I felt weak and my legs gave out from under me. I landed on my knees and I put my hands out to stop my face from hitting the floor. "WHAT!" I yelled and heard people coming into the room to collect me.

I didn't try to fight them off because I was so confused about what Nebula had just said. I was put back in my cell and given new clothes to change into. As I absentmindedly changed into my clean clothes and used the blood-soaked clothes as bandages, I thought about Nebula's words. What did she mean? I know Peter and I have spent nights together like that but we were careful every time. I can't think of one time we weren't careful...oh wait yeah. I can, about three or four weeks ago. Shit! I thought and hung my head at our stupidity.

How could we forget! We are so stupid! I'm only 18 and I have a baby inside of me! What if that's why I'm still here? What if the Titan wants my baby? He can't have my baby. What if I get stuck here for years and Peter doesn't meet our baby? What if Peter doesn't want a baby? Would they be okay? They are half Midgardian, half Jotunheim. Would they be okay like that? What would the Avengers think? What would my uncle and father think? Oh, my norms. I thought and sunk to the floor again. I didn't want it to be true because that means the Titan probably wants my child but I was kinda excited to have a child.

I mumbled random words to myself as I freaked out inside of my head. This is not how I thought I would be starting my adult life, I said in my head and curled into a ball. As if on cue I felt slightly ill. Isn't it too early for morning sickness? I asked myself but of course, I got no answer as I didn't actually know. I looked at my torso and knew it wasn't morning sickness from my baby, it was just a need to throw up. Probably from all the damage to my stomach. I feared for a moment that all the damage on my stomach would hurt my baby but I didn't have much time to think of it.

I ran to a different corner and emptied the contents of my stomach. There wasn't much in my stomach and it was horrible. I groaned and sat down and sighed heavily. "I wanna go home," I mumbled and then fainted, thankfully away from the content of my stomach. 

Published: 24.8.2021