Chapter 28

Thank you to loki6457 for making me actually want to update this book. I hope you enjoy it.

A year later
Freya's POV
Gersemi was sleeping peacefully in her bed and I was making breakfast for myself. It was a beautiful first morning and I planned on spending all my time today alone with only Gersemi for company. I was going to catch up on my reading and listen to some music while sitting in the backyard with the wind blowing in my face. It was going to be just what I needed. It was Gersemi's first birthday but as she was only 1 I didn't think she needed a party. She won't remember it but Mrs. Stone disagreed. Mrs. Stone was coming over for dinner and a nice little get-together.

I hummed songs from musicals I used to watch as I cooked. The smell of pancakes and maple syrup floated around the kitchen and it was followed by the hint of tea. I danced around to my humming while holding the bottle of maple syrup, trying not to make a mess of the kitchen. I grabbed the finished plate of pancakes and drizzled maple syrup over them carefully then placed them on the bench.

Gersemi was still asleep so I sat down to eat in peace for a while. The pancakes were so nice and I ate them all happily. I was going to enjoy the peace before the day's craziness started. The peace didn't last long as my phone rang in my pocket and I sighed. I answered the phone to hear Mrs. Stone started to talk about what was going to happen later that day and what she was going to make for us.

"Mrs. Stone, you really don't need to do this," I answered, trying to convince her to just let us have a low-key evening.

"I don't want to hear it," Mrs. Stone said and focused on telling me about what she wanted to do. "I will come over and we can have fun, Little Gersemi will love it," Mrs. Stone said and I could sense her smile. "Just...I just want it to be a happy day for you," Mrs. Stone added softly and I knew why she said that.

The last couple of days I had been thinking a lot about Peter and what happened that day. Okay let's be honest I thought about it every day. How could I not? But Mrs. Stone was right, I needed something to make me happier again. At least to make me happier for a while. "Oh alright Mrs. Stone, I suppose but something small please," I said and Mrs. Stone agreed.

"Okay Freya, we will do something small," Mrs. Stone said and I agreed with her. She hung up and I heard Gersemi start to cry. I sighed and went to collect my baby from her crib. Enjoy the quiet while it lasts, I thought and cradled my daughter.

Time Jump

Mrs. Stone came over and we shared a cake we had made. I wasn't expecting Natasha and Steve to show up but they did and they brought gifts for Gersemi and me. Natasha brought me a bottle of tequila, while Steve brought me a lovely picture of all the Avengers together. Natasha brought Semi a teething ring and footie PJs for when she is older. Steve brought Semi a soft toy spider which confused me at first but I understood why he did it.

"Thank you guys for coming," I said and saw the look of disapproval on Mrs. Stone's face as she put the Tequila away. I held Gersemi softly and bounced her up and down slightly. I was mainly just trying to distract myself from everything else.

We listened to music and talked for a while about the most random things. Gersemi decided that she wanted to be the cutest little girl ever and she decided to bop her head to the music. We all laughed and danced along with her in a very crazy way. We noticed that she only really danced to songs that were technically a part of musicals.

"We really like this song," I said as Semi danced as well as a 1-year-old could. Steve smiled at sat down as he was tired from the dancing. How he could fight crime all day and still have the energy to do what he does then can't dance for more than ten minutes is beyond me. Nat smiled and strolled to the kitchen. She had been dancing quite beautifully may I say but she refused to let us say anything about it.

I watched as Nat grabbed the vodka she had brought and gestured it at me, offering me some. I thought for a moment and then nodded. Yeah I was only 19 but I didn't care and neither did my friends because technically it was okay. To be honest, I knew I shouldn't have been drinking as an American citizen and I don't encourage underage drinking but the laws of Asgard said I needed to be of reproduction age and well, I meet that requirement. I wasn't sure about the New Asgard laws and drinking but I didn't care.

Nat brought me over a tiny amount of vodka and she had an average amount for herself. Mrs. Stone had gone to bed so I didn't need to worry about her saying anything.

"Song Song," Gersemi said and bounced up and down. She walked, Yes WALKED, over to me and pointed at my phone. "Like it here," She stuttered out and bounced up again. In my shock from seeing her walk I didn't put on the song, she wanted which frustrated her. She WALKED again but over to Steve this time and asked him. "Like it here," She said but again Steve was too shocked to do anything. Gersemi tried Nat who smirked at her and pointed to me, instructing Gersemi to walk back toward me.

I smiled and chuckled softly as my daughter walked over to me again and pointed to my phone. "Mama, Like it Here!" She demanded and I smiled at her.

"You can walk now?" I asked and gave her a questioning look. Gersemi just looked back at me with angry eyes. "Come here," I said and grabbed her and started tickling her. She laughed happily as I tickled her and I couldn't help but laugh too. "You walk!" I yelled happily and hugged her before putting her softly back on the floor.

Gersemi glared at me as if to show she was angry at me for something. "Like it here," She said again and I chuckled softly.

"Oh alright then," I responded and played the song 'I think I'm gonna like it here from Annie for her. She smiled, squealed then started dancing and making strange noises along with the song. Steve, Nat, and I just smiled at each other and I couldn't stop my little happy sounds.

"She's a clever little Lisichka," Nat muttered and I smiled even brighter. Every time I tried to hide my smile it snuck back up. Thank you, Mrs. Stone, You made today a good day.

Published: 28.10.2022