《91》

"I swear to god, if you don't stop leaning into me, I will body slam you to the ground."

I let out a tiny chortle behind my hand, but Yoongi whipped his head from facing Taehyung to facing me. I immediately froze as his eyes narrowed.

"It's not the time to be bickering." Jin looked back at us from over Yoongi's head, but caught sight of Jungkook mocking him with Jimin and whisper yelled, "Yah! You brats want to fight?"

"Sure hyung."

"Why you-"

"Shut up! You guys are the worst at being quiet!"

We all froze in our step as Namjoon forgot to keep his voice down. A moment of tense silence followed as we held our breaths. 

We were just outside of the kitchen doors and saw the light on underneath. For all we knew, nobody could've been in there, but we tried to play it safe by silently tiptoeing past it.

Maybe the plan wasn't the best as we leaned against one another right next to the door. The floorboards were known to amplify the sounds of footsteps, so we did our best to walk as slowly and carefully as possible.

After three more seconds, I let out a breath since we were in the clear.

But then the door creaked open and my body activated its fight-or-flight instincts quickly. It was so slow and we all froze in panic. I didn't even have time to react before it revealed a familiar woman.

❀♡❀

"Way to go, dumbass."

"Hey! She probably heard you all first."

"Or maybe she didn't, but you ruined it for us."

"Now, now boys. Even as adults you still argue like you did as children."

Yoongi, Namjoon and Jin all sulked at her words. I fidgeted with my jacket sleeves as we all sat on the barstools in the kitchen.

Seokjin's grandmother turned to face all of us after she washed her hands and dried the excess water on her apron. She quirked an eyebrow at our guilty forms before finally settling her hands down on the countertop.

"Anyone mind telling me why you guys were sneaking out?"

No one answered and she let out a low hum as she looked at each of us. I swear I felt a bead of sweat begin to form when she glanced at me.

"Yoongi, how about you tell me, dear."

"What! Why is it always me! I swear this is like déjà vu."

It was scary how similar Seokjin's grandmother looked like her grandson as she shot the infamous look with no questions.

Yoongi gulped as he answered, "I broke my phone so I was hoping to go buy a new one with the others tagging along."

She interlaced her hands on the table before slightly leaning forward and looking Yoongi directly in the eyes.

"There's more to it than just that, huh."

Yoongi looked away, but didn't respond.

"My grandmotherly instincts never fail me. I know a majority of you didn't eat that much! Well, why didn't you just say so! I'll whip you guys up something quickly."

She let out a large smile as she straightened her posture, but it was Namjoon that spoke up for us.

"We would appreciate that, but it's late at night and we wouldn't want to keep you up. You should get some rest since you've been baking all day."