《58》

Yoongi's POV

I had successfully avoided contact with y/n for the morning. It wasn't exactly challenging because I already rarely passed by her in the halls, however lately I swear I've seen her everywhere. Today was no different since I noticed her at the other end of the hall after my first class ended. I was simply strolling to the restroom, but at the sight of her heading in my direction I quickly went near the wall and hid behind a group of chattering students.

Leaning against the wall, I paused for just a moment to really admire her. She looked a little down today as I noticed her slouched form. The slight pout on her lip also helped indicate her low spirited expression. It made me want to hug her and make her smile. 

I didn't have the right to, though.

However, I also watched as her eyelashes lightly brushed against one another in the occasional embrace as she blinked when looking around. Her hair was lightly braided to one side and it brought a soft look around her.

I always admired the others as well. I may not speak a lot, but I know their expressions better and faster than they probably know that it's changed. To see y/n in such a new light just made me ache for her more.

We would be perfect together once she's added to our relationship, but right now we have to earn back her trust. To see everybody suffering hurts, but I just wish I could go back in time to change my attitude. I would have drastically changed my expression and actions towards her, but you can't change the past.

As I watched her walking past the area I was situated, I really wanted to call out to her and apologize... but something held me back.

This something keeps holding me down and I hate it. I've frozen up several times due to it, and each time I regret losing my chance.

It's also why I've been reluctant to tell the others the truth about the soulmate situation.

Fear.

Fear for my image, her reactions, the others' reactions. 

Isolation.

I can't just fight it as easily as with fists. My brain and body just can't fight back. My brain won't tell my feet to move towards her, nor my mouth to speak the words I need to say.

It's hard. Fear isn't something you simply "get over". Whether it be irrational or not, fear is something all humans have in varying degrees.

The movement of the crowd caught my attention as I realized that I should get to class. Guess I missed my chance to use the restroom.

❀♡❀

"I dare say, you have some nerve to have done what you did."

I was leaning against a wall as the others were around me. It was lunch time and we finally wrangled Jisoo into confrontation. She was a sneaky one, but Jimin had somehow gotten her to the back of the university building.

How? All I can say is she really has no shame even when it's clear that Jimin was in a relationship.

"Excuse me? But oppa, I only did what was right! She-"

"Shut up. Your voice could probably make anybody within a one mile vicinity go deaf."

Jisoo shut up at Jungkook's words and scrunched her face in a hurt expression. Nobody cared.

"Listen carefully and listen well. That audio should never have been released, nor recorded. You are a selfish brat that clearly has no sense of morality or respect. It's girls like you that disgust us the most. You had no right to film that footage. You had no right for the lies you told Yoongi. You may have broken our relationship with y/n, but you have gained nothing. We will try our best to get her back, while all your actions have already stabbed you in the back."