《45》

I instantly recognized Jihyo and Mina as they let out shocked expressions.

"Y/n? I didn't know you were the new employee! Solar stubbornly never gave us any hint as to who the new employee was. Hi!" Jihyo ecstatically jumped up and climbed over the couch before rushing over to hug me. Mina scrambled over from around the couch to join the hug.

"You guys already know each other?" Hwasa tilted her head a bit with interest.

"We've met in college. We don't have the same classes, but she has the same classes as some of our other friends." Jihyo explained.

"That's great! Here, I'm sure you haven't met the others. The one on the couch is Jung Wheein and the one by the vending machine is our boss, Kim Yongsun."

"Around here they call me Solar. It's just a nickname. We have another member on the team but she was working at the front." Solar stated as she crossed the room and shook my hand.

"Ah right. When you came in, she had just left to the bathroom. You'll meet her later though." I nodded in response.

"It's nice to meet you. Welcome to the team!" Wheein grinned as she shook my hand too. I didn't even notice when she had made her way over to us. I returned the handshake and shyly smiled back.

"Now that you've met the majority of us, you can follow me and I can look over your paperwork and show you the ropes." Solar spoke with a confident tone that demanded respect.

"Sounds good to me."

"We can help show her around later too! Just let us know!" Mina called out as Solar and I began to exit the room.

"Will do! Get to work!" Solar yelled back as Jihyo let out a whine before the door closed.

I followed her silently to a room two doors down on the opposite side of the hall. Opening the door, it revealed a standard office space with simplistic designs and decorations placed around.

"I'll take that paperwork from you while you have a seat." Solar prompted as she held a hand out towards the bag wrapped around me. I briefly searched through my bag before bringing out the file and passing it over.

"Thank you. I'll brief you over what you will be expected to do here." She walked over to her desk before settling down on the large armchair and bring out the paperwork over the table. I took a seat on the comfortable black armchair placed in front of the desk.

She occasionally nodded as she looked over my papers. I was left to admire her office in silent wonder, hoping not to embarrass myself today for whatever reason. I had already finished an online interview with Solar which is why I was already accepted, but her presence seemed much more powerful in person rather than through the screen. All the employees so far seemed very kind and helpful. I just hope I don't mess anything up during my time working here.

"Alright. It all looks good. I'm just confirming with you that you understand that you will work from 10am - 6pm on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. You are permitted sick days, but do call ahead and briefly explain the situation when it is needed."

"I understand."

"Alright. Now for what you will be doing. We do rotate jobs depending on the necessity of accomplishing one job to another. I'll explain what I mean further after I explain what you are expected to do throughout this job. Technically there are two jobs to take care of over here. One is handling the cafe and customers while the others is tending to the pets' needs. For the cafe, you will learn how to greet and handle customers, take and serve orders, create the pastries and drinks available, and participate in employee feedback. At least once every month I hold a meeting with all the employees and we discuss ideas of improvements or address any complaints. As for the pets, you will learn how to care for and handle them, groom and bathe them, handle their waste and provide their basic necessities such as food and water. Overall, you also may need to help with cleanup duty such as taking out the trash, cleaning dishes, wiping the table, cleaning the pets' sleeping area, etc, but you will learn how to handle all this soon. I layed out the basics of what you will learn with time. Today I'll show you around and have Mina and Jihyo teach you the basic basics. I hope you aren't too overwhelmed. It's simple once you have all this down. Promise."