《85》

I unsteadily sat where Jimin was previously sitting as I felt a wave of despair and a ball of pent up sorrow being emitted from the bond. My senses continued to subconsciously alert me to comfort Jimin, but I couldn't move after such an event.

"Y/n, what happened?"

I turned to glance over at all the boys who looked at me with the same expressions as earlier. I gulped as I shakily straightened up. Trying to collect my thoughts, I shut my eyes for a moment just to gather myself.

"I only overheard their conversation when I walked past the door to one of the studies, I think."

They nodded in silent encouragement for me to continue.

"I only meant to sneak past the door, but I heard my name and couldn't help but listen a bit if it pertains to me. Maybe it would've been better if I had just kept minding my own business."

I leaned forward and hid my face in my hands as I felt so much regret. If I hadn't've listened, none of this would have happened.

A hand immediately began to soothingly rub my back as I registered the calming gesture and immediately felt a bit better just by the tactile comfort.

"I'm sorry. I just feel so horrible."

"It's not your fault for causing any of this. If anything, it may help if you take some deep calming breaths for us and let us know when you're ready to talk. Take your time, we'll all wait."

I let out a shuttered breath before listening to Jin's soothing instructions and regained my composure. I still felt a bit stressed from everything, but I managed to splutter out the main topics Jimin's mother presented. The others listened and comforted me when needed. I couldn't look at them as I restated the points snubbed about me, but I could feel how tense their postures became and tinges of anger and annoyance based on some huffs of disbelief and clenched hands.

"...that's when she said I wasn't fit to be by his side and then a moment of silence passed before Jimin slammed the door open and found me."

I dejectedly rubbed my arm in a way to provide a bit of solace and distraction.

"That's why you felt so... sad. I'm so sorry you had to hear all that."

"Please, not you guys too. It wasn't anybody's fau-"

"No, sweetheart, it's not about it being our fault but rather about the situation. No one would wish to have been in your place and I understand why Jimin felt so guilty. He never wished to have you hear any of that- and on top of that lady being his mother, it was also a matter of what he wished he could've done or said to prevent that from happening."

"He shouldn't have to feel that though. He defended me well afterwards and glared at his own mother. He really went off and even called her a bitch."

"Damn, that's our Jimin!"

"Yes, that is, and he really shouldn't feel so bad... but he's probably beating himself up about that now, as well as other issues."

"Other issues? What do you mean, Namjoon?"

Namjoon raised a brow at Taehyung's reference to his full name rather than his nickname, but the look on Taehyung's face was completely earnest.

"Well listen, I'm sure we all have a mutual dislike for his mother. Admit that."

Everyone naturally agreed with small nods as Namjoon let out a frustrated sigh and dragged a hand through his hair. It was a hot gesture, but that wasn't what I should be thinking.

"Exactly. Not once has she been very likable unless it was towards me and Taehyung- and even then she often scrutinized us and pointed her nose up in arrogance. She bothered me from the moment she asked about my plans for the company and how good of a pair Jimin and I would've made alone."