《12》

"Why not sit at our table now on! People will start getting used to you sitting with us!" Taehyung exclaims loudly.

❀♡❀

They let me finish my meal while conversing with each other. I've been grumbling at my life choices as I realize the impact of these boys on the college. I grumbled, to myself, "Don't they have minimal female interaction? Isn't it weird I'm even here? Damn." Taehyung heard, and now the people at the table nearest us are staring at me again.

❀♡❀

"Sit here? Why? There is no point in sitting here?" I hesitantly questioned.

"Why not? We can chat easier instead of through text." Tae responds.

I was about to respond before my alarm went off. Checking my phone, it showed it was 2:30.

"I have to head to my next class. Sorry guys." I say as I stand up from my seat.

"What class do you have next?" Jin asks.

"English."

"Oh, I have that too. We can walk together." Namjoon states as he stood up from his seat, and the others follow.

"We all have to head to our class too." Jungkook says to me and then turns to Namjoon whining, "We normally leave late though hyung?"

"Well, it is the first day of classes, might as well be a bit early."

As I was about to voice out that I could go alone he smiles and reveals his dimples, therefore I can't refuse walking together. The others wave and leave together through the doors. Many students following, either to their classes or to follow the guys, I'm assuming.

"Just follow me, I'll lead the way."

Nodding, I silently follow him as he walks out of the canteen to the Foreign Languages department building.

"So, uhm. How old are you guys anyway?"

"Oh. Jin-hyung is 22, Yoongi-hyung is 21. Hoseok and I are 20. Taehyung and Jimin are 19, and our little Jungkook is 18. How about you?"

"I'm 18. Just starting."

"That's not bad. I can help you navigate around the campus if you need it?"

"That's alright, I just have Computer Science after this class and I'm done."

"Well, since we are both taking English, we can study together."

"That would be beneficial to have a study buddy. English is challenging. I heard that even native speakers sometimes have a hard time with the language."

"I don't doubt that. The English lexicon is vast and words are being added everyday. Many words are made up with slang and that is challenging as well."

We continue to have useless conversation during the short trip to the classroom. Once we arrive at the door, he opens it for me and allows me in first. Thanking him, I step into the room to find it huge. It was like a mini amphitheater. The room had three levels going down to the floor. The professor's podium and desk sat at the center of the floor. Behind the setup was a large projector screen. There were not that many people because there was still about 20 minutes until class started.

Namjoon walked past me while I was observing the room and took a seat in the last row, near the center staircase. I followed automatically and was about to set my stuff up next to him before he set his backpack on the seat. I glanced up to see him focusing on unzipping the backpack before I quickly back up from the seat.

Well shoot. I shouldn't have assumed to sit next to him. I start walking down the staircase but he grabs my wrist quickly.

"My bad! Please sit next to me. I mean if you'd like. It was just a force of habit to set my backpack in the seat next to me." He sheepishly grins and lets go of my wrist gently.

"Oh no, it's fine if you want to sit alone. I'm sorry I was going to take the seat. I can sit elsewhere."

"No no. I just don't like girls I don't know sitting next to me. They always try to converse during a lecture."

"Who says I don't do that?" I respond and immediately question why I said that. This doesn't help my case. Wait, what case?

My thoughts cut when Namjoon chuckles and replies, "I don't mind a bit of conversation. You can at least hold an interesting chat instead of trying to fail at flirting. Come sit before somebody thinks it's an open spot."

I shrug in response and head over to the seat as he removes his backpack and sets it in front of him. I set my items down on the desk and take a seat on the, surprisingly comfy, chair. He digs through his bag and takes out a notebook and a pen. I guess he's going to take notes on the syllabus? I pull my phone out and play Angry Birds to pass the 15 minutes before class starts.

I notice him glancing over my shoulder from my peripheral vision, but don't mind. I fail the level because I missed a stupid pig and used up all my birds. He lets out a snort under his breath but I catch it.

"Hey! Don't laugh at my failure. Not like you could do better."

"Angry Bird measures trajectory and math to win. I'm sure I could figure it out."

"You're one of those people who analyze the velocity, wind speed, and weight of the bird? That's... sad. If I let you play, you would probably take 5 minutes to plan out your next move after each bird."

"I would not! At most it would be 2 minutes. In the end, I would pass the level in one try compared to you attempting several turns. Not to mention, you would watch several ads throughout your fails which loses more time."

We quietly start bantering about how the others' strategy is stupid as the classroom fills up. Many students were shocked to see a girl sitting and speaking to the Kim Namjoon, but it goes unnoticed by us.