《84》

His mother peered over his shoulder and shot me a nasty glare. I couldn't help but wince at that.

Jimin seemed stunned at my presence and I felt the urge to profusely apologize and run off.

"How dare you eavesdro-"

"Mother, I kindly ask you to shut up before I say something I'll regret. You don't have a say in my life choices and you've gone too far. Don't speak to me until you realize that you should respect my decisions. If anything, I suggest that you and father leave early. Isn't there a better high-class business gathering that you can kiss up to disgusting people like you at rather than spread your nasty presence around here?"

With a gasp, she retaliated, "Do you understand everything I've done for you? Park Jimin, that is no way to speak to me."

Jimin closed his eyes and took a deep inhale before turning. I couldn't see the look on his face, but I saw his mother's face morph into something akin to fear.

"And you had no right to speak of y/n or any of my soulmates like they were disposable objects. Too long have I had to deal with your controlling hand, but now I've reached my limit. I've silently listened to your judgements against all my soulmates just so I don't ruin any relations between you and them, but the fact that you can't appreciate any of them, even our last one, shows that you are a discriminating and narcissistic bitch."

Her face was left stunned, but I couldn't even let out a gasp before Jimin turned to me, grabbed my hand, and dragged me away. He held a fast pace and I struggled to catch up as he tugged me forward.

There was a moment that I saw a flash of his expression and that's why I wanted to gasp.

His eyes held a deeply rooted hatred and fury that had to have been built up over time. His mouth was turned in a slight snarl as his teeth clenched tightly. The veins on his neck strained as his expression held stern.

It was a sight I never wanted to see. It was an expression I never wanted directed at me. It was a look that I never wished to look into again.

He didn't slow his pace even as we saw the others all gathered in the hallway and looked to have been in a rush. They froze upon our arrival, but Jimin pulled me past them and into the room we were in. He went straight towards the empty couch and took a seat before dragging me with him and seating me on his lap. The bags of marshmallows fell out of my hands and crumpled upon the floor. I jolted forwards as his arms encircled my back and tugged me down towards his chest. He burrowed his face into my hair as he let out shuddering breaths.

I could only face his white dress shirt and heard the sounds of light footsteps trickle in a few moments later. I shut my eyes as I slowly brought my hands up from my lap to lay on the sides of his waist lightly.

The others stayed silent as they took seats around the two of us, as indicated by the dips in the couch when they sat. I thought about her words and internally curled into myself.

It stung a lot. Reminds me of when the boys got angry, except she jabbed at my status and personality. Not for my actions.

She insisted on finding a new partner for Jimin just because I wasn't enough.

My insecurities rose up as I recounted all my actions and words around her from these brief two days. It hasn't even been long and she already disapproves of me. I really shouldn't let her words get to me, but they rang so fresh in my mind and forced it to submit to its darker thoughts.

"Stop it. Please stop thinking."

Jimin's voice was gravelly and low, but easily caught my attention. My breath hitched as he finally seemed to collect himself and ease his hold. Fluttering my eyes open, I instantly catch sight of Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok's worried expressions from one end of the couch. The others must be on the other side.