《35》

"Scoot over!" He says once in front of me. He didn't even wait for me to move as he forces himself to sit right next to me in the armchair. Made for one person. We were squished together but he excitedly brought his backpack out in front of him as he dug through. I looked up at the others questioningly as they look back just as confused.

I'm brought back to attention once a fuzzy red item was squished into my face. Bringing my hands up to remove the object, I look to see a medium-sized Mario plushy.

"I win! It took us forever to try and catch this guy, but on my turn I got him!" Taehyung stated.

"Well you would never have been able to get it if I hadn't got the claw machine to move it to a more open spot!" Jimin retaliated with a huff.

"But I still got it!" Taehyung sing-songed with a wide grin.

He turned his attention back to me and asked, "Do you like it? Are you happy I got it for you?" He was exactly like a puppy looking for praise for bringing the stick back to it's owner.

I couldn't help but coo, "I love it TaeTae! Thank you so very much for him." At that Taehyung couldn't have possibly grinned wider than he did at that moment before hugging me tightly. Tensing a bit, once again because I wasn't used to it, I relax after he let out a soft sigh. Hearing a huff beside me, I see Jimin pouting as he stared at our forms.

"Jimin-ah. Thank you as well for trying to get me a plushy. I really really really appreciate your efforts!" I softly said as his pout dropped and a shy smile replaced it.

"It was no biggie. It's too bad the machine was being a meany and kept dropping him." He whined.

"What should I name him?"

"Mario?"

"Oh, of course, obviously." I stated. I don't know, maybe he could have a different name, but nah fam. He just gonna be another Mario.

Jimin giggled at my sarcasm while Jungkook let out a small eye roll to the side. With Taehyung still snuggled up to me, I slowly shift my head over to see Yoongi staring at me with observant eyes. I felt awkward as he was obviously analyzing me. I don't know about him, but I just feel as though he really doesn't like my presence because of his distance from me. Hopefully I can get close to him in the coming days.

My gaze shifts to Taehyung's as he tilts his head up to me and makes eye contact. He doesn't say anything after a second and I furrow my eyebrows in question.

"Staring contest. Go." He suddenly stated as I am startled by his words. 

I maintain eye contact though as I stare into his brown orbs. Since his head was tilted up towards the lights, they shined a bright chestnut brown. There were some faint gold-ish colors in his eyes due to the bright light cast directly on them. There was a black rim around the edge of his eyes and his pupils faintly reflected the outline of my face in the light. 

My eyes started to feel irritatingly dry the longer we stared. I see his eyes start to wince a bit as we proceeded. My eyes eventually started blurring and watering a bit as we kept it up. I see him grin as I squint to try and refresh my eyes. His eyes are watering too now and we both start tearing up.

"Just blink Taehyung. This can all be over once you blink."

"Haha. If you think I shall fall for your mesmerizing gaze, you are wrong my dear y/n. I will not fall that easily."

"Ah but sir Taehyung, that is where you are wrong. Humans only have so long before they must yield to the body's natural function of blinking, and I shall prevail in this contest at resisting the urge to do so."