XVIII.

Alexander wakes me up at six in the morning and it's hard to be mad at him because he's so excited that he's practically bouncing on his feet

Alexander wakes me up at six in the morning and it's hard to be mad at him because he's so excited that he's practically bouncing on his feet. He still doesn't tell me where he's taking me but he assures me I'm going to love it.

I don't even doubt that. I know he's taken some time to research the place and recommendations because I saw him reading reviews, I just couldn't see what it was about. It's frustrating but also exciting because I've never had anyone do any big surprises for me before.

We get on the road at 7, after our breakfast and coffee, taking all of our stuff in the car. "How long are we driving?" I ask him when we're both in his car. I wrap the jacket tighter around me because it's really cold in the morning and it takes a few minutes for the car to warm up.

"A good two hours."

"That's not that far," I observe. "Why are we going so early?"

His lips pull up at the corners into an easy smile. "To get the most out of it. You're going to thank me later, trust me."

Now I'm really getting curious, but I don't even bother asking him because I know he's not going to tell me. I turn the radio on, but I am completely unprepared for the sudden loud screaming that happens. I instinctively turn the radio off, my eyes widening in horror and fright. "Holy ... That's way too much for such an early hour."

Alexander's full-on grinning now. "Sorry about that."

I shake my head and turn the radio on again but immediately turn the volume down and put it on one of the radio stations instead of listening to the music he has on his USB. "Ah. Generic pop music. This is what a road trip with you looks like," Alexander comments.

"Take it or leave it, baby," I sing to him. I'm in an awfully good mood.

When Alexander puts sunglasses on, I can't help but admire how deliciously hot he looks in the morning light, driving, all relaxed. And all mine. I take my phone and before I can think twice about it, I take a picture of him.

He turns his head towards me, his eyebrows raising. "What's that all about?"

"You look hot while driving," I tell him easily, not even embarrassed to admit it. He knows. He has to know. He makes everyone stumble over their feet wherever he goes – women and men.

"Car fetish. I'm not even surprised." His tongue goes over his upper teeth.

I gasp. "I do not have a car fetish! Or any other one, for that matter," I mumble.

Alexander chuckles lightly. "Sure," he says unconvincingly.

I just look at him sideways.

I know exactly when we start getting closer to our destination because the surrounding is something that completely overtakes me. My face gets close to the window and I look out in astonishment. "Alex! What is this place?" I ask in complete awe.