XV.

I'm laying on top of Alexander on the couch in our living room after our dinner

I'm laying on top of Alexander on the couch in our living room after our dinner. He's watching the TV, his hand absently through my hair. My eyes are closed and I know I have a million other things I should be doing, but I can't even bring myself to lift a finger right now.

"Gabrielle? Are you asleep?"

I'm tempted not to even answer because I'm entirely too lazy to even talk. "Nu-uh," I end up mumbling.

He hesitates before letting his next words out. "I need to ask you something."

"Uh-huh," I say, nuzzling my head deeper into his chest. I notice he stopped caressing my hair. He puts his hand on my arm.

"I have a race tomorrow," he says, waiting for a beat to let his words sink in. My eyes immediately open. "It'd be cool if you came with me."

My whole body tenses up. "Alexander ..."

He squeezes my arm and I realise he's nervous about asking me this, too. I know that if it didn't mean a lot to him, he wouldn't ask. And, honestly, I'm glad he did because I want to be there, actually. If he wins or loses, I always want to be by his side.

I lift my head and then slowly sit up on him, wrapping my hair around my hand to try and smoothen out the mess that happened to it.

Alexander is watching me this whole time. "Look, I know you hate that place. But Sam is going to be there. And I'd be happy if you came. But if you don't want to, I'm not going to ask you again."

I let out a deep breath out of my mouth. "I'll go."

"Will you really?" he asks me with so much hope that I have to smile.

"I'd go crazy if I stayed at home and worry my mind off until you came back." If he came back. I shudder at the thought.

Alexander smiles so big that my heart skips a beat. He puts his hand on the back of my neck and pulls my head down, kissing me with all the passion he can muster.

"But you better be safe."

"I'm always safe," he says, kissing down my neck.

My eyes close, all the sleepiness now disappearing.

I put my hand in his hair, giggling when he turns us over so he's on top. He continues kissing my neck, making my breath turn fast and shallow.

I feel his hand coming under my shirt, gripping my breast through my bra and squeezing it. I groan in pleasure, my hand gripping his arm in a silent plea to keep going. "Take off your clothes," I tell him.

I don't wait for him, I grab the hem of his shirt and start pulling it upwards. He smiles against my skin at my impatience.

He helps me take his shirt off and then he helps me take mine off, as well, so we're both bare-chested. He pulls my bra down and places his mouth on my nipple, sucking on it. "Oh, my God," I whisper-moan.