IV.

Alexander sees me when I come near him and he immediately straightens up, his attention now solely on me

Alexander sees me when I come near him and he immediately straightens up, his attention now solely on me. He gives me a wide smile. "You were gone for a long time, so I came to search for you."

He looks over my head, most likely at the girls and that really makes my blood boil. "These two girls talked to me before," I tell Alexander and see if he'll react in any way.

He tilts his head to the side. "They did?" he asks, interested, but not that surprised or even scared.

"Yes. They were actually very nice." And that's not a lie at all.

Alexander looks confused this time. "Why wouldn't they be nice to you?"

I shrug. "You tell me?"

He doesn't get it. "If someone isn't nice to you, you'll tell me right away."

I sigh. "Do you know them, Alex?"

Alexander looks past my head again, his forehead scrunching. "Can't say. I might've seen them before, I don't know."

I raise my eyebrow at him. "So you didn't hook up with them?"

Alexander looks at me now, his head moving backwards now. "Man, I don't know. Did they say anything? I don't remember everyone I sleep with."

My mouth falls open and I take a step away from him. "Oh, wow?" I say in surprise.

Alexander rolls his eyes. "I mean the girls from before. Not you. I'll always remember you, believe me."

That ... doesn't make me feel any better at all. "That makes you kind of an asshole."

Alexander shrugs. "I never promised them to love them, so I'm pretty sure it's all mutual."

Isn't it fantastic? I could run into a girl Alexander could be with in the past and he wouldn't even know because he doesn't remember! I knew Alexander had a reputation before me, I saw him in action, even heard him, but, wow. This is a confession that takes things to a whole new level.

Alexander's eyes run all over my face. "You can't possibly be mad at me because of this? Are you?"

I purse my lips. "Well, no. I kind of knew you weren't a saint when I met you."

Alexander grins, although it's the kind of smile that says it's anything but nice. "You're turning me to a saint slowly, though. At least it seems like that."

I jokingly and lightly punch him in the stomach, chuckling. "You're still far away from being a saint, Alexander Holt."

He wraps his arm around my neck, pulling me to his side and kisses the top of my head, making me giggle.

"Hey, you two lovebirds! Let me borrow our girl." Sam appears from somewhere, taking me hand and dragging me away from Alexander's hold. Larissa is with her and Racer goes to Alexander to greet him. They came late.