XXI.

I'm scared to even open my eyes

I'm scared to even open my eyes. I feel the soreness in all my muscles when I just take a deep breath. My stomach feels like it's going to flip if I just move an inch and my head is exploding. Literally.

I grunt into my pillow, suffering. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?" comes Alexander's voice.

I grunt in response, shoving my face even further into my pillow. "Am I dying?" I mumble. When he shifts on the bed, my stomach protests. "Oh, God, stop moving," I whisper weakly, taking a few deep breaths, trying to calm it down.

"I have something that'll make you feel better," Alexander says softly and then I feel his hair coming to my head, caressing my hair softly.

The only thing that could make me feel better right now is just a quick death. I let out a heavy sigh, unable to open my eyes.

"How much did you drink last night?"

At the mention of that, the memories come back and when I just remember the taste, my eyes fly open and I put my hand to my stomach. I wait for a few seconds to see if I'll have to run to the bathroom, but it settles down again.

My eyes feel heavy, my head feels even heavier. The sheets are tangled around me and when I move, my body aches from the soreness. I move slightly and lay my head on Alexander's chest that's right there for me to take advantage of and I close my eyes. His hand comes back in my hair.

I drop my arm around him, using him as my pillow.

"You good?" he asks me.

I shake my head as a no.

"Headache?" he asks softly.

"Everything-ache," I mumble.

His chest moves under my head from the laughter and I groan in protest. He immediately stops. "Sorry," he says softly. "You should drink some water. I have medicine if you want it."

I shake my head. "I won't be able to keep anything down. God," I groan.

I feel it's still pretty early and my body just woke me up naturally. I had a long night and just remembering the after party Alexander and I had makes the chills run down my whole body. Jesus. I really don't want to think about how I was acting. I'll leave the embarrassment for when I'm able to stand on my feet and when my head is not going to feel like it's a ticking bomb that's going to explode any second.

˙˙˙

I fall asleep and wake up a few times during the day. Drinking is really not for me and I hate myself at this moment that I did it because my body is protesting in every way possible today. I remember Alexander coming to the room and checking up on me a few times. He tried to make me drink or eat something, but I just turned away and went back to sleep.

It's three in the afternoon when I finally start to feel just a little better. My muscles are sore today from all the dancing, my feet are hurting from the heel and adding alcohol into that, it made everything worse.