XLIX.

Alexander's placing kisses from my jaw all the way down to my neck

Alexander's placing kisses from my jaw all the way down to my neck. His hand starts wandering all over my body, but I stop it with mine. "No," I say.

He stops, his head lifting up. "What?" he asks in confusion.

"You heard the doctor's orders and you know what happened the last time. So, no."

He blinks at me. "No?" he repeats again, his face blank.

"Yeah, Alex. No."

He rubs his nose, his lips pursing. "We can be careful. Slow. Whatever."

I give him a look. I'm not backing down this time. I know how much he hurt himself a few days ago when we didn't listen to the orders. "No," I repeat again. "If we can't do it right, we're not doing it at all."

His expression shows shock at my words. "Nothing?" he asks, his eyes slightly wide.

"Nothing," I confirm, placing a kiss on his bare chest and putting my head on it.

We lie there in silence for a few moments and my eyes close. Alexander shifts on the bed, sighing. "This is stupid," he mutters to himself, but he accepts it. He doesn't really have another choice. "You're staying home?" he asks.

I shake my head against his chest. "No, but I'm done at 2 p.m. so I should be home early."

Every morning when I wake up to go to classes, Alexander tries everything to make me stay and not go. He knows he shouldn't do that, but he also knows that no matter how much he tries, he's not going to move me. And that's what makes it a challenge for him.

"We could do something today. Go somewhere," he suggests.

"Yes, I'm going to classes and you're staying here and resting."

He groans. "I've rested enough for my whole life. You could stay home. Or come home early."

My lips lift up. He's cute, honestly. Cute for trying this hard and I mean that in a lot of ways. I heard he called his therapist yesterday and they had a long conversation. I don't know what they talked about because I didn't listen, of course, and I didn't ask him. I just know he's trying and that is enough for me right now.

"You haven't rested nearly enough, Alexander. You're still not completely healed."

He groans. "Okay, but maybe a blowjob would help speeding the healing process?" he asks hopefully.

I chuckle. I kiss the centre of his chest again. "No," I say, shaking my head. I get up and off the bed because it's time I get ready for classes.

Alexander lets out an over-exaggerated growl. "Yeah, go and leave a man on a death bed to die. Some great girlfriend I have," he mutters, his words heavy with sarcasm. By the glint in his eyes that I see when I look at him, he's obviously joking.

"You're not dying, Alexander. You're just a baby."

His mouth falls open in mock-shock and I leave to go to the bathroom, laughing all the way there.