XLII.

I don’t know where Ryder took me, but it’s cold and quiet in here

I don’t know where Ryder took me, but it’s cold and quiet in here. He put a blindfold over my eyes so I couldn’t see where he drove me and also tied my hands together with something that’s cutting into my skin and it hurts every time I try to move them even an inch.

I’m scared. So very scared. I don’t know what he plans on doing with me and I don’t know where he even is right now.

I feel something against my cheek unexpectedly and I jump up, the thin plastic around my wrists dig into my skin, making me hiss in pain. I can’t move my legs because I realise they’re tied to something, too. I feel his hand on my cheek and my heart starts beating faster.

My whole body is trembling with fear and I feel my throat getting closed up. I know I’m helpless. I can’t run anywhere. I can’t call for help. That brings tears into my eyes because I’m completely at his mercy and he can do whatever he wants with me. And I think he’s not planning on doing any good things, either.

He takes my blindfold off and my eyes fly open, looking around the room, everywhere around me. I don’t recognise the place. It looks like an old building. I can see the dust and a broken window with spider’s webs all over it. Otherwise, the room is empty except for a pile of wood in the corner. And the chair I’m sitting on. It’s creepy. I also have a feeling we’re in the middle of nowhere, so there’s no way someone’s going to find me here.

That makes a tear fall down my cheek.

Ryder smiles at me, baring his teeth. “Come on, now. I’ll be gentle if you’ll play nice. You’re way too cute to fuck up.”

The tears start falling freely down my cheeks and I can’t seem to stop them. “Why are you doing this?” I croak out in hopes that if I make him talk, I’ll postpone my suffering.

Ryder’s smile deepens. “I’m just finishing what I started, babe. I mean, come on. Alexander owes me.” He nods towards his leg; the one Alex shot. And for a good reason.

“I think you already got back at him,” I say. He almost killed him, for God’s sake. He should be in jail right now.

He slides his finger close to my mouth and if he comes any closer, I’ll bite him. “No. No, I didn’t. But I’m going to hurt him where it hurts the most. And I’ll enjoy every goddamn second of it.” He leans down closer and I feel his breath on my face. I close my eyes and just stop breathing, leaning backwards to get as far away from his as I physically can. “Your pussy must be good since Sin decided to keep you ‘round for so long. Bet you’re tight as shit, too, with your small body.”

I’m going to throw up. Oh, God. I’m really going to throw up. “Please, don’t,” I whisper, my body shaking with my crying.