XXX.

Halfway through Monday, it starts to feel as if the weekend was weeks ago

Halfway through Monday, it starts to feel as if the weekend was weeks ago. I'm still in such a good mood from it, but everything hits me full force when I go to university. I have a busy day today because I have a studying group after classes where I'm tutoring.

Also, I don't see June today and when I text her, she doesn't answer. Either she still doesn't have a phone or she's ignoring me. And I'm worried about her.

Alexander texted me before that he's going to pick me up today, even though I told him I'm not completely sure when I'm going to be really finished because the meeting could take longer than expected. He said he'd wait if he has to.

That's something that makes my day a little better, at least. And something to look forward to.

And when I come to the library where we'll have our studying session, I also get a text from June saying that she's alright and not to worry that she just stayed at home today because she has too much studying to do.

A sigh of relief escaped me and I immediately felt more relaxed.

I greet everyone at the table, introducing myself. This is the first time I'm doing this, but I immediately fall into such a good mood because my worries are lifted and the day is just starting to look brighter.

˙˙˙

We're almost done when I see Alexander entering the library. My eyes immediately go to his as if he's a magnet for them. He looks around the library, twirling the keys of his car around his finger, and then finds me sitting in the corner with my group. His mouth lifts a little, giving me a smirk and, for some reason, my cheeks redden.

My concentration is now completely lost. I put up a finger, telling him I'll be done soon.

He walks to the table close to ours and sits down, stretching his legs out and casually takes his phone out. I force myself to look away from him, but I notice both of the girls at my table staring at him with longing.

I clear my throat to bring their attention back to me, and they look at me. Slowly, though.

I sigh to myself.

I can't really blame them.

I notice they glance at him a few times until we're done with the session. I put my books in my backpack and I know Alexander walks over because their eyes widen. Yep. I totally feel the same about him. "Thank you for today. I'll see you next week. E-mail me if you have any more questions," I say to everyone.

I feel Alexander's hand coming on the back of my neck possessively, his way of claiming me in public.

"Gabrielle, can I ask you something? I'm still not entirely sure about it and I just want you to confirm I'm thinking in the right direction." One of the guys, Evan, asks me, his eyes flickering to Alexander whose head is now cocked in his direction as if the question was directed at him.