XXXI.

Everything happens really fast

Everything happens really fast. Sam goes to Lena and pours a drink that she was holding all over her and then pushes her back, screaming "You filthy fucking whore!" right into her face.

And when I want to look at Alexander, I realise he's not standing near me anymore, but he's right in Snake's face, holding him up by his throat. He throws the first punch and I wince as Snake's head snaps to the side from the force.

Sam pushed Lena to the floor now and she's having at it. My mouth falls open, looking back to Snake and Alexander. I see Snake managed to throw a punch at Alexander, too, because I see blood on his face. Oh, God. They're on the floor, too and my heart is beating faster and faster.

I look around, seeing the circle of people that appeared, no one doing anything. Well, that's not true; some of them took their phones out to record the whole thing and the others are cheering.

I spring into action. "Can someone do something?!" I scream hysterically and a few of them actually sprung in action and pry Snake and Alexander apart. I go to Sam and Lena and help them take her off her, but she's strong as hell.

"I'm going to ruin your filthy face, you dirty bitch!" Sam yells right at her and we all push her back with a force so she doesn't escape. I don't even dare to look at Lena, but I know she must do some good damage to her.

"Sam." That comes from Snake and Sam's body freezes completely. She slowly turns her head to look at him and I turn to look, too. I look down at the floor immediately because his face is pretty beaten up and he's going to sport some very painful bruises. I also noticed his shirt is torn apart. I search for Alexander and see him being held back by three of his friends, wiping his nose from the blood. I swallow, looking back at Sam, who's looking at Snake with empty eyes. "I'm sorry," Snake croaks out in front of everyone.

Sam continues looking at him for some long, painful seconds. It seems like everyone around us is holding their breaths to see how this is going to go. Sam finally reacts – shaking her head in disappointment. "No. What you are is a grade A asshole and I never want to see you again."

I hang my head and Sam pushes away from us, going into the opposite direction. I see her snagging a bottle on her way. People are still quietly standing around. I wrap my arms around myself, exhaling and looking at Alexander again, my eyes roaming all over his face. He received a few punches, too and he looks ... dangerous. He stares at Snake with murder in his eyes, his hair is dishevelled and his face is bloody.

I go into the direction Sam went because she probably needs someone to talk to right now. I still don't know what exactly happened between her and Snake, but I can only imagine what she must feel at this very moment. Even though Sam tries to appear tough in front of everyone, looking as if she's emotionless, but I know she has a soft spot for Snake. And to be deceived like that by someone you like, possibly love ...

"Where are you goin'?" Alexander asks behind me. I don't stop walking. I don't even turn around to look at him.

"To look for Sam," I reply.