LII.

I don't want to be mad at June, but I can't help but feel kind of betrayed

I don't want to be mad at June, but I can't help but feel kind of betrayed. Not that much by her, but by Sebastian. But she knew about it. And she didn't say anything about it or them. I've had no idea. All this time ... I feel like a fool.

June didn't try to talk to me like I expected her, too. She gave me a remorseful look when she came to the class (after me) and kept walking by. That made me feel even worse. She was basically my only friend in the university and it just ... sucks.

I come home in a bad mood and Alexander notices it immediately. I don't even have to open my mouth and he already knows something is wrong. His eyes narrow and then his eyebrows lift up. "What's wrong?" he asks in a greeting.

He's holding a protein shake in his hand, an indication he most likely came from the gym or from running. I don't know how easy he's taking it at the gym, though, but he's assuring me his shoulder isn't bothering him anymore and that he's completely healed, like a new man. His words not mine.

My shoulders slump forward. I haven't told Alexander about June and Sebastian situation. I groan, letting my head fall forward, resting on his chest. "Gabby?"

"June and Sebastian are dating," I say.

I feel him twitch, but he doesn't say anything for a few moments. "And why would that exactly be a problem?" he asks with an edge in his tone that I don't quite understand.

My head moves backward a little so I can see his face. He's looking at me with a darkened gaze, his teeth clenched together. "Because he used me to get to know her. Are you okay?"

"Ah," he says, his shoulders dropping and he rubs his eyebrow. "I thought you were jealous."

"What?" I ask incredulously. Is he actually serious?

He shakes his head. "Never mind. That was kind of stupid of me. What do you mean he used you to get to her?" His voice has that sharp edge that means he knows that whatever I tell him, he's not going to like it.

"It's not that big of a deal, honestly ..." I trail off when Alexander cocks his head to the side in doubt. "Okay," I give in. "It bothers me because ... I don't even know why?"

"Okay. tell me what happened, then."

I tell him about it while preparing a hot chocolate for myself. I tell him what Sebastian told me, the exact same words.

Alexander snorts when I finish my explanation. "This guy's such a joke. He can't even walk to a girl himself and ask her out? Pussy."

I send a glare his way. "That's not the point of the story, Alex," I say grimly, pushing a spoon full of chocolate into my mouth and sighing in content.

"Right," he says. "So, what's up with June?"

I shrug. "I don't know because it seems like she's not talking to me?"