V.

The moment Alexander and I arrive at his parents', Amelia runs to us and doesn't let go

The moment Alexander and I arrive at his parents', Amelia runs to us and doesn't let go. She gives a detailed description of everything she did during the week, everything her parents did, everything Rosanna and her friends did. She's at the age where she just can't stop talking.

Alexander and I get a full report before we even manage to step into the house.

Alexander gives me a look, but he doesn't say anything. He loves his sister to death, but he admitted she can also annoy the hell out of him sometimes.

I grin at him when Rosalyn calls Amelia to go and tidy her room so she can join us and when Amelia goes away with a dramatic sigh, I turn to Alexander. "You better get used to this. Your sister is a good practice of what's waiting for you when we'll have kids."

He tilts his head back. "Fuck," he mutters and I giggle.

Rosalyn comes to us, hugging both of us as if she hasn't seen us in years. "Mum, please," Alexander protests, but he hugs her back.

It's still so weird seeing how much Alexander changed since I came here. He was so closed-off, filled with hatred and pain, not letting anyone love him and not letting himself love anyone.

He's a completely different person now, although it gets to him sometimes and he still has times when he believes he's not worthy of love. He's used to not showing any emotions and not letting people love him and be there for him so it's sometimes hard for him, but he's learning how to accept it and deal with it.

It helps that he's growing in such a supportive family. Rosalyn and Alfred literally live to give their children a good life. No matter the path they'll choose, they're always standing in the sidelines, cheering for them. And this is how parents should be.

"I haven't seen you for so long!" Rosalyn gushes. "But be careful with the words you choose to say today, okay?" She gives him a chiding look that lets him know she heard him say a bad word just minutes ago and I roll my lips into my mouth because of how regretful Alexander looks.

I might need to learn a few tricks from Rosalyn.

As if reading my thoughts, Alexander gives me a look that says don't you even dare and I just shrug, giving him a mischievous grin.

"Lean will come down with Amelia when she'll finish tidying her room and we'll have lunch then."

"Is Rosanna in the kitchen? I want to say hi to her."

"She is! She'll be happy to see you," Rosalyn tells me.

I go to the kitchen and smile to myself when I see her with her back turned to me, singing a soft melody to herself, completely oblivious of her surroundings. I quietly walk towards her and put my hand on her back, making her scream and jump around. "Goodness! Child! Do you want to send me to the grave?" she asks, her hand over her heart, breathing hard.