XXXII.

Alexander and I decide to go to his parents for the weekend, although after the night we had, I wasn't sure it was such a good idea

Alexander and I decide to go to his parents for the weekend, although after the night we had, I wasn't sure it was such a good idea. Especially since he was sporting some bruises all over his face and it was clear he was in a fight.

"What are you going to tell your mother about your face?" I ask him on our drive there.

He shrugs. "The truth."

"About Sam, too?" I ask him.

He looks at me. "No. That's not any of my family's business."

I nod my head because I agree. This is Sam's story to share. We barely got her to open up and we're not deceiving her trust. Besides, I don't think Alexander's parents would even be interested in hearing this drama. "Did you know the guy Sam was with last night?"

Alexander hesitates for a moment and I look at him with interest. "A drug dealer," he says.

"Oh," I say. I wasn't expecting to hear that. Did Sam want drugs? "Is she ... uhm, you know ... doing drugs, like, regularly?"

Alexander chuckles. "No, babe, most definitely not." He shakes his head. "It was probably just in the spur of a moment. She just wanted something to make her forget it quicker."

My mouth turns downwards. I feel sad for her and what she has to go through. I can relate somehow because I know when I thought Alexander cheated on me, I thought I was going to lose it.

"She's going to be fine," Alexander says because he probably knows the thoughts that are running through my mind now.

I know she will be because that's how she is. But I'm still worried. We arranged she went home last night with Beast and his girlfriend. It was so bad they had to help her to the bed because she drank a lot. They stayed with her for a while to make sure she's going to be alright. I sent her a text this morning to call me when she wakes up just to make sure she's okay. Physically, at least.

When we get to the house, we're greeted by Rosalyn who hugs us both, but then gasps when she sees Alexander's face, taking it between her hands. "What did you do to yourself?"

"It'll heal," Alexander mutters, casting me a look. I raise my eyebrows as in I told you so and look away.

"Why do you like to get in all those fights? I thought ..." She presses her lips together, not finishing the thought.

"He deserved it. Drop it, mum. It's really not that bad."

I bite down on my lip. Yeah, it actually is.

Rosalyn shakes her head, a hint of sadness appearing on her face, but she masks it quickly when her husband walks down to greet us too. It always takes me aback a little how warming his parents are and how they always take their time out of their busy day to give attention to their kids.

When Alfred sees Alexander's face, he raises his eyebrows. "I hope you got him better than he got you."

"Alfred!" Rosalyn says with a stern voice, turning to her husband with a disapproving look.