XLVII.

I wake up, feeling uncomfortable on the small bed, sprawled across Alexander's half of body and on the verge of falling down on the floor

I wake up, feeling uncomfortable on the small bed, sprawled across Alexander's half of body and on the verge of falling down on the floor. I'm surprised I haven't fallen down during the night considering this bed was definitely not made for two people.

Alexander is already awake, which I'm not that surprised about, but it's kind of different him waking up before me. I guess he's now getting the sleep he's needed, at least.

I let out a groan when I move, feeling as if my body is in pieces. I push the hair out of my face, trying to turn onto my back, but I can't. My neck hurts, my arm hurts and my whole side of my body hurts.

Yeah, I miss my bed.

"Good morning," Alexander says with an amused voice. When I look at him he looks ... well-rested. As if he got a good night's rest. Good for you, buddy!

"Morning," I grumble. "This bed is terrible," I say, moving my legs to make myself more comfortable, but I don't succeed.

"Honestly, I don't feel much after they fill me with those painkillers," Alexander says, shifting to give me more space on the bed.

And that statement is funny, but it also makes my heart clench in sadness because he's here because of me. Because I struggled and didn't do what Ryder said. And it's all my fault. I don't want to start crying the first thing in the morning and freak him out. It's enough that I'm freaking myself out with my thoughts every day and it's especially hard when I'm alone and gripped with fear.

When I'm with Alexander, I at least have some kind of feeling of safety. He's the one that silences the demons in my head. When I'm alone, I have to fight them on my own and it's not always an easy fight to win.

Alexander nuzzles his nose against my temple, bringing me back to reality and making me stop freaking out. My body instantly relaxes. "I should probably go before I get into trouble for still being here."

"It's still early. No one's going to come in here. Which means we have some time alone ..." He says before I feel his hand on my stomach, sneaking under my shirt.

I move my head up to look at him. "No funny business," I remind him of what the nurse said yesterday.

He smirks. "Oh, it ain't going to be funny, that's for sure," he says with a serious tone.

My heart speeds up its beat when his hand sneaks under my trousers. I am suddenly unable to speak. Alexander raises his eyebrows in question, his eyes running over my face. We haven't done anything intimate in quite a long time and a lot has happened since then. I know that if I told him to stop, he would. But I don't want him to. I nod, giving him permission to continue and he rewards me with a scolding hot look when his hand goes into my panties.

I twist my body so he can have better access, giving him more room to do whatever he wants to do to me. He circles his finger, making my mouth fall open and my back arch slightly. It's been a long time since we did this and I realise I've missed him. And this.