XVII.

There was an after-party we attended last night and so we sleep in today

There was an after-party we attended last night and so we sleep in today. We didn't stay there for long. Alexander drank one cup of beer to celebrate and I drank water.

But we stayed up after that, when we got home. And that's why I wake up later than usual. It's Saturday, so I don't have to worry about that.

I eat breakfast at 10. Alexander is still sleeping. I want to text Sam to ask her how she is, but she'd kill me because she'll probably have a hangover for days.

Alexander made sure she got home safely because she drank a lot. Snake left the party early and I know that bothered her – especially when he was there with someone else, but she didn't want to show it and she drowned her feelings in alcohol.

I let Alexander sleep and make him breakfast. I'm in a very good mood today. Maybe that's why I take the prepared breakfast with coffee to the bed and wake him up softly. And by softly I mean laying down beside him and shower him with kisses.

He grunts and I see his lips pulling up. "I made you breakfast," I tell him. That makes him open his eyes. He puts his arm around me and kisses my neck.

"What if I want my dessert first?"

I chuckle and push him away. "Nope," I say. "You're not getting any."

He pouts and sits up on the bed, ruffling his hair. "What time is it?"

"Half past 10."

He's not surprised by the time. He often sleeps in, anyway. "That's enough time to get myself ready for when my parents come over."

I sit up on the bed and stare at him. "Your parents – what?"

Alexander frowns, taking a bite of his french toast. "Yeah, for lunch. Didn't I tell you that?"

"Alexander!" I yell, jumping from the bed. "You tell me this now?! When are they coming?"

He shrugs, looking at me with wide eyes. "Around 2?"

I let out a deep groan. "You are unbelievable. Unbelievable." I shake my head. "You better eat fast because I need you to get out of this bed and help me make lunch and clean this place."

"I liked the previous version of you waking me up better," he murmurs.

I throw a pillow at his face. "Just get out of the bed, Alexander," I say angrily, walking out of the bedroom.

˙˙˙

I'm in the kitchen while it's Alexander's job to make this place spotless. I'm truly mad that he didn't tell me his parents are coming over today. I've had to quickly think about what to cook for so many people that everyone can eat – even Amelia with her lactose intolerance – and that wasn't easy for someone who doesn't shine in the kitchen.