XLVI.

Alexander woke up quickly, but he was tired and still slept a lot in the next two days

Alexander woke up quickly, but he was tired and still slept a lot in the next two days. They moved him from ICU to a regular, private room. The visiting hours are still limited because the doctor says that he needs a little time to recover from the wound.

In the meantime, I had to deal with the mess that happened with Lena and Ryder. They need to take a statement from Alexander to know what and who shot him and what was going on in the garage, but Ryder is in prison for kidnapping and attempted rape. Rosalyn's also pushing for attempted murder which will give him even more years behind the bars.

Lena, however, can still be walking freely because she didn't do anything that would break the law. Rosalyn said I could sue her, but I was against it. I just want her to go and to never see her again because she's caused too many problems and I don't want any more.

Rosalyn had a talk with her and I don't know what she told her, but Lena came out of her office with a pale face and a surprised look on her face. She stopped when she saw me, her mouth opening and closing a few times and we both just stared at each other. "Gabrielle ... I'm really sorry," she said.

I turned my head away from her, not saying anything. I can't even look at her anymore. She's almost ruined my life and I'm not going to ever forgive her for that. Alexander got shot because of her.

She walked away then and Rosalyn told me Lena's going to be sent back home immediately. She's not allowed to make contact with anyone, she just needs to go pack her things and the driver will take her to the airport.

I stayed at my place these two days. I wanted to be here with Rosalyn and Alfred, but Lena was here, too, and I didn't want to be anywhere near her. Sam stayed with me and I'm glad she did because she was cheering me up with failed attempts at breakfast and lame movies she made me watch with her that even she didn't like, but she found them on the internet and watched them with me for my sake, saying she read reviews and people thought they were funny or exciting. They weren't.

One would think I'd get used to Alexander not being around in the weeks that we were separated and didn't see each other. But we at least texted and talked, but now it's complete silence. And I learned that you actually miss things that you can't have the most.

When I visited him for the third day, he was sleeping and I just couldn't take it anymore. I crawled on the small, uncomfortable bed next to him, laying my head on his good shoulder. The bed is so small, I have to lay almost wholly on top of him, but I also don't want to put too much pressure in case it hurts him.

I know this is not allowed. And I don't care. I've been here every day. I have trouble sleeping because I can't get the sound of gunshot out of my mind. It's haunting me. And then there's also the fact that we were basically broken up when this all happened. If he had died ... I don't even want to think thoughts like that, but my mind is currently a loud place and not a very nice one, either.