XXIV.

I bake muffins on Sunday

I bake muffins on Sunday. Those chocolate ones, Alexander's favourite. It's a funny story because I found this recipe on the internet completely unintentionally. It's quick and easy so I thought I would try it. Besides, you can hardly go wrong with chocolate and I love chocolate. Alexander ended up liking them even more than I did, which was a big surprise because he's not usually into sweets. He declared them his favourite ever since and I bake them here and then now.

I do it mostly for the visit we're getting tonight, but Alexander managed to snatch two already and ate them without me knowing. I hide the others before he eats them all.

We spend a nice Sunday together. We had an early lunch and went out for a walk because it was a nice, sunny weather. Until it started suddenly raining out of nowhere and we had to run back to our place, causing me to almost lose my lungs. Maybe I should really start going to the gym with Alexander because this isn't cute.

We take a hot shower when we come back – together. And then we spend the afternoon cuddling on the couch, watching a movie until his friends come. I say hi to them and then go to my room to study for an hour. I can hear them talking and cheering loudly from the living room and it distracts me.

I get out of the room. Stretching a little won't hurt. Alexander's eyes are on me as soon as I step out, but the one thing I first notice is that he didn't put the muffins on the table for his friends like I told him to. I sigh to myself, walking to the kitchen. No one really gives me much of attention. Except for my boyfriend.

I bring the plate with muffins to the living room and Alexander watches me like a hawk. When I want to put the plate down, he snatches it from my hands and stands up. I slowly straighten, confused. My confusion grows when he marches back towards the kitchen. With the muffins.

"Excuse me," I say, noting that Beast, Racer and Bugsy are all looking at me with interest now.

I go after Alexander. "What are you doing?" I ask him, catching him in the middle of eating a muffin.

"You can't just give out my muffins."

"Oh, come on. Are you five? I'll make you new ones. I made these for your friends." I place my hands on my waist.

He comes close to me, so close our noses almost touch. "I am not sharing my muffins, Gabrielle."

He says this with such a low voice and so firmly, it's as if he was saying, "I am not sharing you."

"Okay," I squeak out because, really, I don't stand a chance with a sexy, possessive Alexander. Even though he's acting a little unreasonable. But it's okay. He makes it up with hit sexiness and his sinful smile.

I make some popcorn instead and put some crisps in the bowl to take it out to them. I hope Alexander won't have to say anything about that, at least. That infuriating man! I put the bowls on the table and the boys immediately dig in. "Thanks, Gabby!" Beast says, grinning at me. "Too bad Sin didn't want to share his muffins. They looked delicious."