Chapter 16: Junior's Club

Midnight's POV

After snooping in on team RWBY's conversation me and Alpha agreed to join them on their little adventure. Of course, Umbra wasn't gonna object. Even if he did, it's not like he'd have much of a choice.

Anyway, for this particular mission me and Alpha decided change up our styles a bit. I switched out my casual hoodie for a leather jacket with my emblem on the back and a pair of combat boots, along with the necklace Selene gave me. As for Alpha, he went with a hoodie with the sleeves ripped off and a single leather glove on his sword hand.

So after class we headed over to team RWBY's dorm, leaving Galand and Ethan behind to do whatever.

Alpha: so how's it feel to know you'll be going on a mission to take down Roman Torchwick himself?

Midnight: not really sure, nervous I guess.

Umbra: come on, kid. You're going up against a world renowned crime boss, you've gotta be at least a little excited.

Midnight: well, it's like what Weiss said yesterday "we're students". During my first year at beacon the only 2 real battles I've had were during the initiation and when I fought that greed demon in the woods.

Umbra: oh, don't worry, once you graduate I can guarantee you'll be fighting on a daily basis.

We got to team RWBY's dorm, knocked, and Ruby let us in.

Yang: hey boys, you ready?

All of team RWBY decided to do a wardrobe change too, but my attention was immediately caught by Yang's.

Midnight: I-I guess, so what's the plan?

Ruby: we were just about to talk about that, so get comfy.

I climbed up and sat on Yang's bed while Alpha just leaned up against the wall.

Ruby: alright guys, today's the day. The investigation...begins!

Weiss: I'm glad to see we're taking this SO seriously.

Yang: hey, we've got a plan. That's...moderately serious.

Ruby: right.

Alpha: and the plan is...what exactly?

Weiss: Ruby and I will head to the CCT to check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regularly faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If me and Alpha can get in we can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Alpha: I was afraid you might say that, but whatever.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard.

Midnight: uh, Yang, you're not talking about-

Yang: oh, yes I am.

Midnight: oh god, we're gonna be shot.

Ruby: great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found. Let's do this!

We all left Beacon in 3 teams of 2 I went with Yang, because duh, and Alpha left with Blake.

After awhile of riding through the streets of Vale on Bumblebee, Yang's motorcycle, we finally arrived a our destination. Junior's nightclub.

Yang parked just outside. I practically fell off the bike, onto my hands and knees. I've gone for late night motorcycle rides with Yang before, but I could never get used to her speeding and swerving all over the place.

Umbra: come on, stop being a weakling.

Midnight: shut up, you don't feel like you're about to loose you're lunch right now.

Yang hopped of her bike and began walking inside. She turned back to me.

Yang: ya coming?

Midnight: y-yeah, just a second.

I got to my feet before following Yang inside.

Midnight: I've got a bad feeling about this place, especially after what happened last time.

Umbra: yeah, that was fun to watch.

Yang blew open the door when a couple of security guys tried holding it shut.

Yang: GUESS WHO'S BACK!

Immediately, every security guard in the club pointed their guns at Yang. It was mostly silent in the building, aside from the stuttering of the music. With a single death glare from Yang, the dj removed the pin from the record player.

Complete silence.

Midnight: uh, Yang, from the looks of things, I don't think we're welcome here. Maybe we should just turn around and-

???: stop stop, nobody shoot!

We both looked and saw Junior walk to the front of the crowd.

Junior: blondie, you're here...why?

Yang: you still owe me a drink.

Yang grabbed Junior by the arm and dragged him away.

Umbra: well, looks like she's got this covered. What do you say we get a drink?

Midnight: uh yeah, just nothing alcoholic.

Umbra: woose.

I just ignored his insult and walked over to the bar. After taking a seat I ordered a water, much to Umbra's protest, and waited for Yang to finish her chat with Junior. After about 15 minute I got tired of waiting, or I should say Umbra did, and just got up and walked over to Yang and Junior.

Junior: I don't know

Yang: how can you not know?!

Junior: I haven't talked to him, I haven't even seen him since the night you first came in here. He paid up front, I lent him my men and none of them ever came back.

Midnight: why did he want your men?

Junior: I don't question my clients.

He sighed.

Junior: listen, I already told you everything. Torchwick hired my boys, and I guess he wasn't happy with them. WHICH IS SOMETHING I CAN RELATE TOO!

I gestured to the security guards by the door.

Yang: come on, Midnight.

We both walked away from Junior and made our way to the exit.

Midnight: so how'd it go?

Yang: well, we got everything we could, hopefully the other's are having better luck. Thanks for coming with me though, it's been awhile since it was just you and me.

Midnight: oh, no problem. Me and Alpha were happy to help...even though I didn't really do anything.

Yang: hey...

She punched me in the shoulder...again.

Yang: if things got ugly you'd have my back.

Midnight: even then, I doubt I'd be much help.

Yang: you want me to punch you again?

Midnight: n-no thank you.

Yang: then stop talking like that.