Chapter 2: New Friends

Midnight's POV

Me and Yang arrived at orientation. After a while of waiting, she saw Ruby walking in with the blonde guy who was throwing up on the bullhead.

Yang: Ruby, over here. I saved you a spot.

She walked over to us.

Yang: how's your first day going, little sister?

Ruby: you mean since you ditched me and I exploded?

Yang: yikes, meltdown already?

Ruby: no I literally exploded a hole in front of the school, and there was some fire and I think some ice.

Yang: are you being sarcastic?

Ruby: uh, I wish. I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled again, an I felt really, really bad and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me.

???: YOU!

Ruby: OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!

Ruby jumped into Yang's arms and there stood none other than Weiss Schnee.

Weiss: you're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff.

Yang: oh my god, you really exploded.

Ruby: it was an accident. It was an accident!

Weiss held a little pamphlet in front of Ruby. The cover read dust for dummies.

Midnight: oh dear god.

Ruby: what's this?

Weiss: the Schnee dust company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee dust company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee family highly encourages our customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to dust application and practice in the field.

Ruby just looked at her as if she couldn't understand a word she was saying.

Ruby: um.

Weiss: you really wanna start making things up to me?

Ruby: absolutely.

Weiss: read this and don't ever speak to me again.

Midnight: I couldn't be more confused about to this whole situation. Everything's happening so fast.

Weiss turned to me.

Weiss: and just who are you?

I flinched at her surprise question.

Midnight: o-oh, s-sorry...

I held out my hand to her.

Midnight: my name is Midnight Nox.

Her eyes widened when she heard my last name.

Weiss: wait...you're part of the Nox family?

I nodded. She began circling me, examining me from head to toe. No gonna lie, I was getting a little uncomfortable. She stopped and stood in front of me.

Weiss: you don't look like much.

Midnight: w-well, I was too busy with combat training that I-I didn't really have time to work on my figure.

Yeah, I was pretty much the definition of scrawny. However, despite that I was still a skilled fighter.

The conversation then turned back to Ruby.