Chapter 33: Secrets Unraveled

Yang's POV

After what happened during The Vytal Tournament, Midnight was nowhere to be found. When he left, we assumed he'd be outside the arena or at least in his dorm room, but even after splitting up to find him, we came up empty. Me, my team, Team JNPR, Selene, and the rest of Team MAGE gathered in the courtyard.

Weiss: UGH, it's no use. we've been searching for Midnight for 5 hours and he isn't in any of the places we've checked. Not in his dorm, the library, not even that sandwich place he likes.

Galand: is anyone else getting a bit of deja vu?

Nora: well, that's it, we're out of ideas.

Pyrrha: there's gotta be some place he'd go. Did he even mention having a special place for him to relax, like a sort of happy place.

Ethan: nope, even if he does have one of those, he didn't mention it to us.

Selene: besides, Midnight's never been the type to need a quiet spot.

I looked over and saw Alpha looking off to the side.

Yang: Alpha, you're being pretty quiet

His face shot over to look at me.

Alpha: uh, what do you mean?

Yang: don't play dumb with me, I heard what you said when you were trying to stop Midnight!

Blake spoke up, saying the exact same thing I'd heard earlier.

Blake: "demon".

Alpha looked down.

Weiss: would I be right to guess that you weren't just being dramatic? You know something the rest of us don't, do you?

He stayed silent. After awhile of us just staring him down, he cracked. Alpha sigh and raised his head to look at us all.

Alpha: during the duo battle...something took over Midnight's body.

Jaune: excuse me.

Blake: something like what...

Weiss: yeah, are you just gonna keep us in suspense or are you actually going somewhere with this?

Just then a voice shouted a few feet behind me.

???: I found him.

We all looked and saw my uncle Qrow walking towards us. I ran up to him.

Yang: really, where is he, is he alright?!

Qrow: relax, kid, he's fine. He's out in The Emerald Forest.

Ruby: WE GOTTA GO GET HIM!

With that, Ruby sped off as everyone one else followed her. I turned to Alpha and grabbed him by the collar.

Yang: this isn't over, if Midnight can't give us any answers, then I gonna force them out of YOU, am I clear.

Alpha: ...crystal.

I dropped him and ran after the rest of the group.

20 minutes later

We were all now walking through The Emerald Forest, searching for Midnight. Uncle Qrow and Selene were at the front of the group, taking out any grimm we came across.

Selene: so where'd you say he was.

Qrow: just a bit further, he's got a campfire going and everything.

Midnight's POV

I was sat down against a fallen tree looking into the roaring fire I'd just made. A cold gust of wind blew past, causing me to shiver.