Chapter 13: A Lesson In Demonology

Midnight's POV

It was just an ordinary day at Beacon. Classes, lunch, a huge food fight, more classes. Yeah, so teams RWBY and JNPR got into a food fight during lunch, causing everyone else in the cafeteria to flee. Me, Alpha, and Ethan left, but Galand stayed behind to "have a little fun".

So the of us were in our dorm room. Alpha was sharpening his sword, Ethan was doing homework, and me...well I asked Alpha if I could borrow that book on demonology he had.

I was sitting on my bed with the book in my lap, just flipping through pages. This book had a lot of information, scriptures, artifacts, even demon biology. However, Umbra wasn't amused.

Umbra: PFFFFT, this book is completely inaccurate, wrath demons look nothing like that.

I was on a page about wrath demon and in the corner was an artist depiction of what wrath demons looked like. It was a large bipedal creature with a hunched back and multiple horns and spikes coming out of several parts of it's body.

Midnight: well, what DO they look like?

Umbra: *sigh* alright, before I tell you this, just know that MANY MANY years ago when demons were everywhere, they were often mistaken for faunuses.

Midnight: why's that?

Umbra: well, most demons grow horns by the time they're 300, that and they look A LOT more human than whatever that picture is.

Midnight: am I about to have another lesson about demons.

Umbra: haha, yeah. Now lay back on your bed and close your eyes, it's teaching time.

I closed the book and laid down with my head on my pillow, before shutting my eyes.

Umbra: alright, let's get started.

I then began to see a human shaped figure in front of me.

Umbra: now, while wrath demons may be shaped like humans, they DO take on a more monstrous appearance. They all have 2 large horns coming out of their foreheads and multiple eyes, usually only 4. Due to their ability to control fire their skin is blackened and scaly. They also have a tail and the impressive ability to sense thermal radiation.

With each trait Umbra mentioned the figure in front of me dawned them. Horns, a tail, all of them.

Umbra: Sloth demons have a more diminutive stature, but actually don't have any horns. However, their most notable feature is the crack shaped markings on their cheeks and the bags under their eyes. These guys actually tend to wear a cape that they also use as a blanket.

Midnight: I'm guessing that they use it pretty often?

Umbra: yes. Now onto gluttony demons. Despite their enormous appetite these demons still retain quite a muscular build. They've got horns on the side of their head, coming out of their temples and pointing upwards. Their most horrifying treat is their extremely long tongue and the fact that their eyes blink horizontal.

Midnight: ...mental note, watch out for those guys.

Umbra: you may have already met a greed demon, but I'll mention them anyway. They tend to be really skinny in order to increase their mobility and agility. Their horns come out of the side of their heads as well, but they point downwards. Not much to say about them.

Midnight: alright.

Umbra: next up is lust demons. Their appearance is extremely alluring and attractive, mainly for seduction purposes. Like sloth demons, they don't have horns, but they're able to change their appearance by manipulating the light around them.

Midnight: okay.

Umbra: envy demons have their horns coming out of the tops of their head, and moving back. They also tend to utter phrases such as "you think you're better than me" and other stuff like that.

Midnight: damn, what about pride demons.

Umbra: well, pride dem-

Suddenly the door to our dorm room swung open, revealing Galand covered in food stains.

Galand: MAN, THAT WAS AWESOME!

Ethan: go take a shower.

I sat up on my bed and Galand started recounting everything that happened during the food fight.

Alpha: go take a shower.

Umbra: we'll continue this another time, for now get your teammate to clean himself up.

I got up from my bed before grabbing Galand by the back of his uniform and and practically tossing him into the bathroom.

Midnight: take a shower. You can tell us what happened after.