Chapter 27: The Swarm

Midnight's POV

As me and my team fell, we landed on what appeared to be train tracks. I rubbed my head as we all sat up I looked to my left and saw a train heading away from us.

Ethan: uh, guys...

Me, Alpha, and Galand followed Ethan's gaze, only to see a huge wave of grimm heading right for us.

Midnight: OH, CRAP!

Umbra: I got this!

Suddenly, my shadow began to expand until it was directly under all of my teammates. They then quickly fell into my shadow before I joined them and slithered my way onto the train through an entrance on the roof. As I came to an abrupt halt, Alpha, Galand, and Ethan were thrown out of my shadow as I just slowly crawled out of it. Galand apparently hit the ground so hard that it knocked the wind out of him, causing him to start gasping for air.

Galand: dude *gasp* your shadow *gasp* is so weird.

I began helping them up before actually questioning what the hell was actually going on.

Midnight: ok, the ground of Quadrant 5 are crumbling apart, there's a weird train running underneath it, and there's a massive swarm of grimm following it.

Alpha: think it's the White Fang?

Ethan: don't see how it wouldn't be.

Alpha began sniffing the air before his eyes widened in what appeared to be realization. He started walking around the room.

Alpha: it's not just the White Fang we're dealing with.

He sniffed again.

Alpha: Torchwick's here too.

The rest of us were a bit shocked.

Galand: you sure it's him?

Alpha: yeah, this place reeks of cigars, cheap cologne, and orange hair dye.

Ethan: you made that last one up.

Alpha: maybe.

Midnight: anyway, let's go. Somebody's gotta stop this tool.

Alpha: wait a sec.

I turned him again as we took another whiff of the air.

Alpha: the others are here too.

Midnight: seriously?

Alpha: yeah...

He kept smelling.

Alpha: Yang's just up ahead.

Midnight: well, come on, they might need some backup.

They all nodded and we advanced to the next train car. As we burst through the door, I could only see Yang on as a figure wearing a red dress and a bird grimm mask. She turned to us.

Alpha immediately jumped into action, drawing his sword and rushing toward the figure. He swung, but only seemed to hit thin air as the figure disappeared through some kind of red portal.

Alpha: what the!

Yang sat up and struggled to stand, I rushed over to her and helped her up.

Midnight: don't try and stand up too fast, take it easy.

Her breathing was heavy, seems her fight was pretty taxing.

Galand and Ethan approach us.

Galand: that chick really did a number on you, huh?

Yang: I hate to admit it, but that short stack was tougher than I though she'd be.

I was a little confused, from my perspective, that woman seemed a bit taller than Yang, so why was she calling her "short stack"?