Chapter 1: Beacon Academy

Ten years later

Midnight's POV

I was in my room packing my things. I placed the last few pieces of clothing in my bag and closed it.

???: Well, my little bro's finally going to Beacon.

I turned and saw my big sister, Selene, standing in the doorway. She entered and hugged me.

Selene: I can't believe the little birdie is finally leaving the nest.

Midnight: I couldn't have done it without you, sis.

When Selene graduated from Beacon I asked her to train me so I could have a chance at getting in. Selene is a master of hand to hand combat. That being my fighting style, I decided to base my weapon off of it.

I call them "Silent Sparrows". They're a pair of gloves with retractable blades on the knuckles. That's not all. With the press of a button, they're covered in steel plating.

Selene: I'm so proud of you, Midnight.

Midnight: I know you are. You've been telling me that ever since I graduated Signal.

Selene: come on, let me be proud of my little brother. It would be ashame if everything I taught you went to waste.

I grabbed my bag and started making my way down stairs where my parents were waiting. My mom hugged me.

Luna: I'm so proud of you, Midnight. You've worked so hard and now you're finally going off to Beacon.

Comet: we're happy for ya, son. We know you're gonna do great.

Midnight: thanks. now I gotta go, the bullhead leaves in 15 minutes.

Selene: not so fast. I wanna give you something first.

I turned to her. She took off her necklace and put it around my neck.

Midnight: what's this for?

Selene: just a reminder that your family's always there for you.

Midnight: ok, now I gotta go.

My parents hugged me 1 last time and I left.

I began running to get to the bullhead in time. Eventually I was on board and off to Beacon.

I sat down. I began taking deep breaths. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty anxious.

Midnight: relax, Midnight. Everything's gonna be fine. Once you pass the initiation, you'll start your training to be a true huntsman.

I then felt a buzzing come from my back pocket. I took my scroll out of my pocket and saw that I had a text from my friend Yang.

Yang: you excited

Midnight: to be honest, I'm pretty nervous

Yang: don't worry, we're gonna have a lot of fun at Beacon. It's the start of a new adventure.