Chapter 35: Beginning of The Fall

Midnight's POV

Galand: sure you don't wanna come watch the finals with us, Midnight? Today it's gonna be one on one fights, it's gonna be awesome!

Midnight: I think it'd be best if I didn't.

Galand: aw, come on!

Alpha walked over and placed a hand on Galand's shoulder.

Alpha: after what happened yesterday, I doubt he'd be welcome anywhere near the arena. It's definitely best that he stays here, out of sight from spectators...

Umbra: ding ding ding, we have a winner.

After Professor Goodwitch told me I was disqualified from the Vytal Tournament, we were all in collective agreement that it'd be a good idea if I didn't show my face for awhile, well...most of us. However, since we did technically win the duo matches, Alpha would be participating in the single matches.

Alpha: besides, he'll be cheering me on from the comfort of our dorm. That and it'll give him some privacy to talk with our new friend.

As he said that last part he looked his shoulder at me...or more so at Umbra.

Ethan: ahem...

Alpha and Galand turned to Ethan as he tapped his watch.

Alpha: anyway, see you tonight.

I waved goodbye from my bed and they began walking out the door. However, just before the door shut Galand poked his head in.

Galand: hey...

I looked up at him.

Galand: don't hesitate to call us if something happens, alright?

I gave him a thumbs up and they left.

...

...

...

A few hours passed with me just laying there with Malo on my chest, staring up at the ceiling.

Umbra: so...

Midnight: what?

Umbra: I know yesterday was...more than a little hectic, but for now I think we need to figure out a couple things.

Midnight: such as?

Umbra: such as who was the one who cast that illusion on us. That and how would that person have any knowledge on demon prince Lavey let alone know enough of what he looks like to create an accurate illusion.

Midnight: well, do you have any idea who it could've been?

Umbra: kind of, but it's pretty sparse. Could've been anyone in that huge crowd of people.

Midnight: maybe there was a demon somewhere in the crowd, you said lust demons could warp light to change their appearance.

Umbra: it's a good theory, but that wouldn't explain why the two of us were the only ones who could see that illusion. That and why us? Hm...

I just laid there as Umbra came up with ideas.

Umbra: after what Wolfboy did, I wouldn't be surprised if team CDNL wanted payback, but their team is more muscle than brains, they wouldn't be able to pull off something like that. Maybe a team from another academy trying to sabotage us so they can take the win?

Midnight: but we still technically won that match, so what'd be the point?

Umbra: yeah, good point...AH, ALL THIS IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE!