Chapter 4: King Me

Midnight's POV

After that strange occurrence I continued making my way through the Emerald Forest. As I was walking, I felt the ground beneath me began to rumble a bit and I heard a commotion not too far away. I made my way towards it. I entered a clearing with a bunch of stone spikes protruding from the ground.

I then started hearing grunts. I walked around 1 of the spikes and saw another participant fighting a deathstalker. He dodged it's stinger and raised his hand, a bunch of those stone spikes came up from the ground and impaled the deathstalker.

The strange thing about this guy was that he had wolf ears and a tail. A faunus. His weapon was a 1 handed sword.

Midnight: hello.

His furry ears perked up before he turned to me. He walked over to me, when he was at a good distance he placed his blade at my throat. I was terrified.

???: I want your name, date of birth, and home town.

Midnight: m-my name is M-Midnight Nox. My birth day is A-August 22nd. I'm from the Island of Patch.

He gained a calmer expression. I looked at the ears on top of his head.

Midnight: so you're a faunus.

???: Is that a problem?

Midnight: n-no, I've just never met a faunus before.

He regained his calm look and began walking north. I followed him.

Midnight: so what's your name?

???: Alpha.

Midnight: wait, your name's Alpha and you're a wolf faunus?

Alpha: I'm aware of the irony.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Midnight following chibi Alpha through the forest

As we both made our way through the forest, Alpha stopped and raised his hand, gesturing for me to stop as well.

Midnight: what's wrong?

Alpha: we're not alone.

Midnight: how do you know?

Alpha: being a faunus has it's perks. Being a wolf faunus means I have a heightened sense of hearing and smell.

I saw the ears on his head twitch before I began to hear growls coming from all around us. I activated my weapon and me and Alpha stood back to back. A bunch of different grimm surrounded us. Alpha brandished his sword.

Alpha: here we go!

Alpha charged into the fray, cutting an ursa down the middle and slicing through 5 beowolves. Instead of going for me, the rest of the grimm charged at Alpha. He cut the tail off of a deathstalker and killed it with its own stinger. Several beowolves jumped at him, but he slashed through them midair.

After he finished off the rest of the grimm and breathed out a sigh of relief. I walked over to him.

Midnight: that was awesome.

Alpha: thanks, now let's get this initiation over with.

Suddenly, a king taijitu bolted from the wood and was heading right for Alpha. I quickly ran in front of him and held my hand out towards it. The king taijitu stopped in it's tracks. Alpha looked on in amazement.

Alpha: how are you doing that?

Midnight: I don't know. Ever since I was a kid snakes always had a strange fondness for me.

Alpha: well, can you tell it to go away?

I pointed back towards the forest and it went off in the direction I was pointing at.