Chapter 9: A Walk With Goldilocks

Midnight's POV

Me and my team sat in Dr. Oobleck's class. To be honest, he was talking so fast that we just decided ignore him.

Ethan: I can't understand a word this guy's saying.

At one point I put my head down. My eyelids became heavy and I fell asleep. Then my dream began.

In the dream I opened my eyes, except they weren't mine. It was like I was was looking through the eyes of someone else.

They were running through the forest. They seemed to be panicking, something was chasing after them. They turned to their left and saw a giant, black snake chasing after them. Suddenly, they tripped over a root and fell. They turned onto their back, but then a foot was placed on their chest. They looked up to see who it was, but the person's entire body was covered in shadows. The figure chuckled.

???: Did you really think you could escape The King Of Shadows

The figure clicked his fingers and the black snakes struck.

I woke up with a gasp which caused everyone to turn and look at me.

Oobleck: Mr. Nox, is everything alright?

Midnight: y-yes sir.

Oobleck: good, now stop falling asleep in my class. This is a place for learning not resting.

I began to pay attention to the lesson, but I felt the eyes of my team on me. I turned to them.

Midnight: what?

Galand: dude, you were not alright.

Alpha: you were sweating the whole time you were asleep.

Alpha placed his scroll on the desk and played a video of me sleeping a few minutes ago.

Midnight: you took video of me sleeping?

Alpha: just watch it.

I did what he said and watched the video. My face was twitching, I was baring my teeth, and I was sweating.

Alpha: I've seen that look before. That's a look of terror.

We turned back to the lesson. I was definitely gonna have a talk with Umbra.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Galand tuning his guitar

We sat in our dorm room. Ethan was doing homework, Galand was strumming his guitar, and Alpha was in the shower. I sat up on my bed and crossed my legs, I then closed my eyes.

Midnight: Umbra.

Umbra: you called?

Midnight: yeah, what the hell was that dream I had?! What did you do?!

Umbra: I just thought you'd want to see a glimpse of my past, that's all.

Midnight: well, you could have done that when I wasn't in the middle of class!

Umbra: now wheres the fun in that?

Midnight: WHY YOU LITTLE-

I got up from my bed and walked towards the door.

Ethan: where ya going?

Midnight: I'm just taking a walk. I'll be back in a little while.

I closed the door behind me and started walking.

Umbra: listen, kid. If this relationship is gonna work then you're gonna need to pay attention to what I say and do.

Midnight: shut it, you stupid parasite.