Chapter 19: The Serpant And The Dragon

Midnight's POV

Me, Alpha, Galand, Ethan were sitting in the Beacon arena for combat training. After watching Pyrrha absolutely decimate Team CRDL and wipe the floor with this guy named Mercury, who ended up forfeiting the fight for some reason, we were having a bit of fun just watching our classmates fight.

I took my scroll out of my pocket, just to check the time really quick. Class was almost over.

Glynda: alright, we have enough time for 1 more battle...

Galand: good luck, nobodies gonna top Pyrrha.

Alpha: I've gotta agree with you on that front, I'd like to see someone try and top the champion.

Ms. Goodwitch looked down at her tablet as she began deciding who should go next.

Glynda: ok, next up is...

She paused for a moment before turning and looking up at me, our eyes met an I could already tell what she was gonna say next.

Glynda: Midnight Nox.

My team looked over at me. Professor Goodwitch turned back to the rest of the students in the stands.

Glynda: now, who would like to be his sparring partner?

I looked around the stands, they all just seemed disinterested, like I wasn't even worth their time. Suddenly, I saw a hand shoot up in my peripheral vision.

???: I'll do it!

I looked over and saw Yang standing up in her seat with a look of gusto in her eyes.

Midnight: oh no, anyone but her.

Umbra: oh yeah, this is the perfect opportunity to see how far you've come with using my power.

Midnight: yeah, but...it's Yang.

Umbra: and?

Midnight: AND she's gonna kick my ass!

Umbra: hey remember, you didn't have me before you started Beacon.

Midnight: even if you say that, it's not gonna change anything.

Umbra: listen, just say you'll fight to win.

Timeskip brought to you chibi Midnight having a panic attack in the locker room

I walked out into the arena and felt all my classmates eyes on me. Sweat ran down my face as I saw Yang walk out, loading shotgun shells into her Ember Celica. I gulped a bit out of nervousness.

Umbra: ...say it.

Midnight: what?

Umbra: say it.

I sighed.

Midnight: I'm gonna fight to win.

Yang: ha, big talk from someone who's never won against me, but I'll bite. I'm not gonna go easy on ya.

Galand: YOU GOT THIS, MIDNIGHT!

I looked up at Galand and saw the rest of my team smiling down at me. I took a deep breath, composing myself for the fight in front of me.

I activated my weapons and the fight began.

Yang waisted no time firing off a few rounds in my direction. I rolled out of the way as they just barely missed me and hit the wall instead. I clicked my fingers and Viper and Mamba slither out of my shadow.