Chapter 30: Family Visit

Midnight's POV

After our battle with Team RCKT, it was definitely time for a break. However, when Ethan said that the attack Galand used was "very draining" he wasn't kidding, in fact he could barely stand. So, we exited the arena with Alpha assisting Galand in walking by giving him his shoulder to hold on too

Alpha: so how long does this usually last?

Galand: eh, about 6 hours, goes faster if I take a nap, so I know what I'm doing when we get back to the dorms.

Just then, Team RWBY exited the arena behind us as Ruby yelled for our attention.

Ruby: HEY GUYS, WAIT UP!

We all stopped and turned as Ruby and her team approached us. Upon seeing me, Malo leapt off of Ruby's shoulder and onto mine. He rubbed his fuzzy face against my cheek, making a few more chirping sounds as he did before climbing into my hood and falling asleep.

Yang: you guys killed it out there!

Midnight: well, Galand's the one who did most of the work.

Galand let out an exhausted chuckle.

Umbra: stop trying to be humble and just take the compliment.

Blake: so what's your plan for the duo's round?

Ethan: Midnight and Alpha are gonna do it.

I flinched for a second.

Midnight: wait, what?

Ethan: think about it, I'm the weakest on our team and I doubt Galand's gonna be able to do that little trick again tomorrow.

With all the energy he could muster, Galand kick Ethan in the shin.

Ethan: OW, HEY!

Galand: what'd I tell you about calling yourself weak.

Yang: anyway, we were just about to get some lunch, wanna join us?

Midnight: we would, but we've gotta get Mr. MVP back to the dorm. Maybe later.

Ruby: alright, see ya later.

We all waved goodbye before making our way back to campus.

Umbra: hm, do you actually have a plan for the duo battle?

Midnight: I didn't for the team battles, I was kind just winging it.

Umbra: well...if you give me the keys there won't be a need to improvise.

Midnight: no

Umbra: oh, come on! I want a chance to pummel these weaklings into the ground too! It's boring to just watch and advise!

Midnight: the purpose of this tournament is to test our own skills, letting you fight for me would basically be cheating.

Umbra: fair point, but is it really cheating if your already able to do it?

Midnight: YES!

Umbra: come on, don't make this pride demon start begging!

Midnight: I said NO!

Umbra: alright then, if you don't let me fight in the duo battles, then I'm gonna make you have that weird dream with the ducks and the candy store again for a month straight.

Midnight: you wouldn't.

Umbra: try me.

Midnight: ...