Chapter 36: Chaos

(A/n) before we start, I have seen volume 9 and I do know what happens in it, nothing's gonna change)

Alpha's POV

Alpha: come on, come on...damnit!

Ethan: still no luck?

Alpha: na, Midnight not picking up. I guess he's dealing with his own problems at Beacon.

All around us grimm we're running around, causing utter pandemonium. We were trying to get a hold of Midnight but he wasn't answering his scroll.

Galand: well, he might need back up! We gotta head back to campus!

Alpha: right, the bullheads might still be running. The other students are more than capable of handling the grimm and protecting the people so that should give us an opening to head to Beacon and provide back up. If we can hop on one of-

BOOM!

Before I could even start on my plan, a massive explosion blew up a nearby build, causing the whole block to shake. As we looked toward the burning rubble dozens up dozens of grimm emerged from the flame.

Galand: crap, looks like we gotta deal with these guys first.

We all drew our weapon and charged.

Midnight's POV

Me, Yang and Zwei ran through the halls of our dorm. Yang spoke to Blake on her scroll, which was on speaker.

Blake: Yang, are you ok?

Yang: I'm fine, is Ruby with you, she's not answering her scroll?

Blake: no, she isn't.

Yang and I stopped in our tracks, a look of concern dawned Yang's face.

Blake: Yang, I'm sure she's fine. She's our leader, she can take care of herself.

I watched as Yang clenched her fist in frustration. I put my hand on her shoulder.

Midnight: hey, she'll be fine. Ruby's a big girl, what ever she's doing, I'm sure she can handle it.

She took a deep breath.

Yang: ...right, let's go.

With that, we continue making our way outside.

Yang: we're heading to the dock near the court yard. The White Fang are releasing grimm into the school.

Blake: The White Fang is here?!

Umbra: DUCK!

I reacted just in time to dodge as the paw of and it's crashed through a window, attempting to take my head off. I activated the blades on my gloves and sliced off its arm, causing it to fall back down to the ground floor.

Blake: Yang?!

Yang: I gotta go, be careful.

After that, she hung up.

Umbra: damn, that was a close call.

Midnight: thanks for the warning.

Umbra: you can thank me later, we gotta go.

Alpha's POV

Galand: THERE'S TOO MANY OF THEM!!!

Alpha: keep your guard up! If we're gonna die, we're not gonna make it easy for them

The grimm just kept coming, it seemed like every time we killed one, 3 more would take its place. We'd sustained quite a few injuries already, it wasn't long till we were up against the wall with nowhere to run. The horde of grimm stalked towards us.