Random Woes of Smelly Stuff*

1028 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 10 2021
Posted February 7 2021

Kaito sniffed, face scrunched up in disgust as he poked his head past the door frame, arms resting against said frame. He couldn't identify the smell, but it smelt bad, very bad. The magician was grateful that the sleuth's back was facing him, allowing him to plaster a more pleasant expression onto his face "Hey Shinichi, what are you making?" He inquired, passing through the door into the kitchen to join the other.

If it were almost anyone other than Shinichi who was cooking, he'd seriously be questioning whether the other wanted to kill him or not. It smelt that bad, and Kaito had smelled some pretty questionable things in his life.

"Oh just trying a new recipe to thank you for helping out with the last case Kaito" The sleuth replied, not turning around.

Kaito grimaced, so Shinichi was really expecting him to eat whatever it was he was cooking? "Oh?" That had been a good while ago "You didn't need to" He crept over, curious to see what the other was making.

"Actually" Shinichi paused "I did" He quickly whirled around, flinging the cool contents of the pan at the magician. He'd kept the windows closed to prevent the house from airing out too fast, allowing him to just pretend to be cooking.

The magician yelped, stumbling back as he became coated in something thick and slimy "Wh-" He paused, gagging, the putrid smell was too much. Kaito kept his eyes closed, not wanting any of it to get in them.

Shinichi smirked, satisfied that Kaito hadn't been able to dodge. He grabbed another pot and dumped it on him "We must have been thinking about two very different events" Azure narrowed "You left me in a pile of sewage a few days ago" Kaito had laughed at him before hurrying off, too grossed out to help since Shinichi hadn't been hurt.

Kaito's shoulders slumped, too afraid to open his mouth and taste whatever this was. He really should have expected some sort of retribution.

Azure glinted "Have fun getting the smell off of you" He snickered "You don't want to know what that is, trust me" The nose plug that he'd bought was working wonders, he couldn't smell a thing. Though he'd probably stay at a hotel for a few days since his house now smelled horrible "I'll forgive you if you clean up this mess"

The magician nodded silently, he kinda deserved this. Whatever was on him couldn't be as bad as the sewage Shinichi had been stuck in, even if it smelt worse. Shinichi could be mean when it came to revenge, but it was never criminal.

*

Kid wanted to die, okay not really, but he sure as hell felt like it right now. The thief buried his face in his hands, how did it come to this? There was literally no time for him to get rid of the smell. So he'd have to see this heist through to the end.

Ginzo grinned, a dark sort of satisfaction energizing him as he led his men after the thief. It felt good to actually get one up on the sneaky bastard. One of his men had joked about using the exhibit owner's pet skunks against Kid, knowing that the thief wouldn't harm an animal. Kid wasn't a monster, just an annoying pain in the ass. The plan had worked, the thief had ended up startling the skunks, with the obvious result being that the guy had gotten sprayed.

"Using animals like that isn't right! Think about the trauma!" Kid called out, annoyed, mortified, and disgusted. He didn't know if de-scenting them was humane or not, but he really wished that the skunks had been de-scented if it was. How did one even remove skunk stink?! And was it even legal for pet skunks to be in Japan?!

The inspector just laughed "After him, he should be easy to sniff out!"

Oh ha ha, very funny, Kid glowered as he made his escape, unable to just slip by unnoticed or use any disguises. Next heist, they'd regret their actions. He would make sure of it.

*

"Why do you smell so bad?" Saguru recoiled, holding his nose in disgust as Kaito entered through the window. Gold narrowed at the visibly upset magician "And where have you been these last few days?!" He really should have asked that question first, but the smell had distracted him.

"In hell" Kaito whined, feeling exhausted.

"Don't touch that!" Saguru was too late, Kaito had already flopped onto his bed. Great, now his sheets would have to be changed "And that doesn't answer my question" Kaito had been missing for a few days, and there hadn't even been any warning.

Indigos opened just enough to look at the blond as he raised his head a bit "... Messed up an experiment" He admitted, too tired to feel exhausted "I can't remember anything else"

Saguru eyed Kaito worriedly, the other didn't seem to be hurt at least "And why do you smell so bad?" It wasn't the worst, but it was still bad enough that he wanted to change his bed sheets now.

"...I think it's from the experiment" He sighed, cheek laying on the sheets "I tried to mask it with vinegar, but a chain reaction happened and the smell evolved" A small shiver ran through his frame "My house is so much worse than I am..." He was pretty sure that he'd passed out a few times before making his escape "I can't smell anything right now" His sense of smell was currently fried.

That was concerning... It still didn't explain the few days of Kaito being missing. The house hadn't smelt when they'd searched it "I'll call my doctor to have him look over you since you've apparently lost some time" This was why he disliked the fact that Kaito liked to do experiments all alone "Please notify someone when you plan to play with chemicals next"

Kaito made an indistinguishable noise in the back of his throat in response.

"It's not about Kid, it's about my friend's safety" Saguru sighed "I won't bug you during those times unless I was already planning to"

The magician grumbled "Fine" He just wanted to rest in a place that he knew didn't smell. 

Me: I just wanted to pick on Kaito without hurting him

Hope you enjoyed~

•3• ... No matter how long I stay up, I almost always wake up between 4/5/6 depending on if I can go back to sleep or not, or if I want to continue my dream

... I have woken up around 6:55 before a few times over the years, it was odd o.o

It's great not needing an alarm clock, but it sucks when I sometimes go to bed after 12 due to reading/anime