Snowfall (Waiting)

1021 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written February 20 2022
Posted March 6 2022

It was dark, and wet, very very wet. Kaito did not like it, not one bit! He was annoyed, and tired, but mostly annoyed. The criminals that had kidnapped him were horrible at their job, the only reason he'd gotten captured in the first place was because he'd slipped on some ice. Ice wasn't kind when one's head slammed against it, thankfully he'd only gotten knocked out instead of getting his head split open. He'd fallen hard.

Kaito was very much aware that he could escape at any minute now, his bindings hadn't been made with the knowledge that he was a magician. That was one thing he couldn't fault them for, since he'd been mistaken for his favourite detective. While he couldn't fault them for not magician proofing anything, he sure as hell could fault them for kidnapping the wrong person.

He was in Kyoto! He hadn't even been in Beika, the actual place that said detective actually resided in. Being in Kyoto was also probably why his kidnappers seemed to be uncoordinated and sloppy, his capture couldn't possibly have been planned. Any smart criminal would have taken Shinichi while he was doing his normal routine. The sleuth hadn't announced any Kyoto trip, Kaito had checked to make sure they wouldn't come across each other.

The magician peered at the door, everything around him was dark, and the cool breeze coming in from the poorly sealed door told him that he was in a shed of some sort. The area was small, but it was definitely connected to the outside. Escape would be easy, except that Kaito didn't want to escape just yet. It was nighttime, and had been snowing a lot. His best bet would be to stay inside the shed until it was daytime. A few hours ago he'd made the horrible mistake of opening the door. Snow and harsh winds had immediately greeted him, closing the door had been a struggle.

So he was cold and wet, probably concussed too. His body heat had melted some snow, then the cold air had taken to trying to refreeze it. He was not dressed to brave a snowstorm, it had been warmer when he'd slipped and gotten himself kidnapped, so he'd dressed lighter to prevent himself from overheating.

Indigos narrowed as he pulled his phone from between his thighs to check if he had any signal, he didn't, just like the last few times he'd checked. He'd been keeping both his phones and hands sandwiched between his thighs to keep them warm. His fingers were important and electronics didn't handle the cold all that well. Kaito didn't want the cold to sap it's battery.

The lack of any signal was also why Kaito had decided to remain in the shed. His phone had great coverage, so he must be deep in the forest or something. It had confused him at first when he'd realized that he still had his phone, until he remembered that he'd kept it in a secret pocket.

Kaito huffed, with any luck Saguru would deem his absence suspicious and had already started to look for him. While annoying, being found could only benefit him. It would suck if Saguru was the one who found him, but he'd take what he could get.

*

Staying awake in a small dark room wasn't pleasant, especially with how tired he was getting. Both his potential concussion and the cold prevented him from resting though. Kaito checked his phone, still no signal, but it was around 6am, and the battery was almost dead "Just another hour or so" He sighed, hopefully by then, the wind's howling will have stopped, or at least lessened. That, and for the sun to have warmed things up just a bit. Kaito stood up though, stretching and loosening his limbs. Uncurling himself allowed a lot of his warmth to fade, but he needed to be able to actually move.

By the time he felt reasonably limber, Kaito still couldn't see any light from the door. He frowned, cautiously opening the door. Snow fell in, but most of it stayed packed high, blocking the entire door. Swallowing nervously, Kaito grimaced. He'd have to dig himself out. Had his kidnappers left him expecting him to just die? That was horrible...

Kaito had never been more thankful for buying the warmest mitts that he could find as he started to dig his way out. It was a slow process since the only place to put the snow was behind him so he had to pack it back carefully. When sunlight finally greeted him, the magician was startled to see how much blood he was covered in. The only part of him that hurt was his head... Head wounds often bled a lot, so he wasn't too concerned. It wasn't bleeding anymore so he'd ignore it for now.

Cautiously, Kaito managed to compact enough snow for him to climb up on to get a look around. Yup, he totally called it, he was in a forest. Kaito patted the non-compacted snow beside him, eyes narrowing as his gloved hand sunk in deep... He was going to sink if he stepped into the loose snow, wasn't he? The snow was piled at least higher than he was tall.

That was insane. The magician pulled out his phone to check the date, almost dropping said phone when he realized that he was kidnapped a little more than two days ago. He'd lost a lot of time... He probably hadn't been able to stay awake the whole time like he'd thought he had. Kaito forcibly brushed off the fear that had come with that thought. He needed to get somewhere safe, then he could think about the 'what ifs'.

Kaito took a sip of water from his bottle that he'd been keeping in his coat. His body warmth had allowed him to melt and drink the snow without freezing his insides. Should he just stay on the mound? Traversing through the forest would take up a lot of energy. Kaito bit his lip, what if he lost consciousness? It apparently happened at least once without him knowing, what if it happened again?

Me: It was a good thing Kaito was dressed for winter~

Comment? ^-^

I'm so happy I got all Inuyasha seasons and movies in DVD form >~<

All secondhand except for The Final Act because new was cheaper than importing it on eBay...

Yikes a 40$ purchase USD became 80$ CAD from the conversion and import costs... But it was cheaper than buying them anywhere else. New would be over 100$

I got the movies at a Hock Shop XP