Mail (mail)

1062 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Requested by runaxmeow

Requested April 12 2020
Written May 21 2020
Posted June 14 2020

"Keibu" The tone was curious.

Ginzo almost jumped at the familiar voice coming from the vents. He then scowled "Why are you here Kid?" He'd been doing his paperwork before he'd been interrupted by the thief. If only the vents weren't too small for him to chase the guy.

The cover of the vent was silently removed, replaced with Kid's familiar face "Why are you guys accusing me of keeping the last jewel?" He'd been watching the news for some new heist targets, only to find himself being accused of keeping the gem.

"What?" The inspector's brows knit in confusion "Wasn't it the one that you were looking for?" The gems were usually returned with a note saying that it wasn't what he wanted, which meant that the thief wanted a certain gem.

Veiled indigos blinked "No" He was silent for a few moments "I mailed it to the station" He sometimes did that when he was too busy to return a gem himself.

But then that would mean... Ginzo let out a string of curses as he stood up from his desk, he really needed to call a few people "Get out of here idiot" It wasn't like chasing after the guy right now would do any good. He couldn't fit in the stupid vents!

Kid frowned as he watched the inspector storm away, feeling a bit guilty that the gem was now lost. The cover was easily replaced as the thief made his way out of the station, he needed to get to work. If the gem wasn't found, then it would be a true blemish on his reputation. He shivered, the only reason why the police weren't using dangerous force against him was due to the fact that he'd never actually stolen anything before.

*

Kid frowned, ignoring the bound mailman laying on the ground beside him. The guy was trembling, eyes blown wide with fear as an unknown violet substance dried against his skin. The thief may have been a bit too rough with the guy, but that was fine "You mister" His tone darkened "Are going to regret making things so difficult" He tossed a bag of itching powder over the guy before leaving him to be found by the police. Though he did make sure that a USB containing the video footage of the man finding the gem was placed neatly just out of the man's reach.

This was going to be such a pain, the guy had already sold the gem to some guy in a trench coat. He didn't even know that people still did that, he'd always assumed that it only happened in cliche movies. He let out a weary sigh, he was never going to mail a gem ever again.

*

The poor thief dipped his head, exhausted. Scoping out gangs was scary! He'd already taken down a few gangs because he hadn't liked what they were doing. Too much dirt had been found on the groups during his search for the gem that the thief just couldn't let go. So he'd done the only rational thing that a phantom thief should do, he set up huge meetings and blasted the area with sleeping gas before phoning the police. Evidence of all of their bad deeds was conveniently found on site by the police.

Now, which group should he check next?

*

Ginzo frowned as he looked at some police reports, it had been about a month since he'd last seen Kid. Following that had been the arrest of a mailman and then large amounts of gang members at a time.

Criminals were spreading tales of a white clad phantom coming in and completely destroying those against the law. They said that you never knew who the phantom was after until it was too late.

He had a growing suspicion that he knew who this so called phantom was, it fit both the timeline and the mailman's words. He hadn't realized before now that Kid could be scary when he set his talents to the right task. The last group had gotten their bank accounts obliterated so that they couldn't pay anyone to help them with their escape.

*

After three months of gang busting, Kid was sorely tempted to beg old man Suzuki for the money to replace the gem. He'd even do a few heists for the old man if it meant that he could clear his name.

Saguru had been giving him these weird looks off and on, and had been weirdly silent when it came to accusations of him being Kid. It was really starting to freak him out, he wasn't even planning any heists yet the nosy guy kept looking at him funny.

He shifted his schoolbag a bit, making it stop rubbing where he'd been grazed on his left shoulder blade. The gangs were growing jumpy and were very trigger happy so it was too dangerous to disguise as anyone anymore.

Indigos narrowed as he grit his teeth, there'd been a lot of inner conflict within the gangs. A lot of people had died because of him. He didn't like death, it couldn't be changed. He really needed to contact old man Suzuki.

*

Ginzo blinked as the sight of Kid, the thief as casually leaning by his office window. He honestly hadn't expected to see the guy for a good while "Did you find the gem yet?" It was a bit hard to keep his face straight since he knew where the gem was.

Kid shook his head "Unfortunately no" He waved his hand towards Ginzo's office desk, a bag of money appeared on it "But old man Suzuki was kind enough to give me the money to repay the owner, plus some extra"

The inspector made his way towards the desk, picking up the bag before tossing it at Kid "No need" He let out a snicker "Word got around enough that you scared the person who bought the gem into giving it back" Kid froze "It was returned a month and a half ago" He eyed the frozen thief "It was kept silent because you were cleaning up the gangs" And holding off on more heists.

The thief opened his mouth before closing it, shaking his head "Well played Keibu" Kid grinned, it was all teeth before slipping out the window. He didn't know how he felt about being tricked, it was almost too impressive for him to actually get mad at the police.

Me: This turned out a lot different than I was expecting it to...

Prompt was gem lost in mail, don't know how I got to the point of Kaito taking down gangs XD

Hope you enjoyed~