(Cactus) The Evil Oh So Horrible Menace

1060 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written February 17 2021
Posted February 21 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on March 7 2021

Kaito grinned, indigos gleaming in a way that would almost always make Saguru bolt out of the room in self preservation. He had a plan, a marvellous plan. One that he would reflect happily on for years. Shinichi had been caring for a monstrous evil finny thing for the last few months or so, which in turn had barred him from the Kudo mansion.

The sleuth hadn't even warned him about it's presence despite knowing that those things were the ultimate enemy to him. Catching sight of that orange scaly menace with it's bulging black eyes that'd stared into his very soul, well, it had been horrible. His guard had been down, the Kudo mansion was supposed to be a safe haven for him. Shinichi had refused to get rid of it, so Kaito'd been forced to avoid the area in general.

He could have sabotaged the creature's food or water source, it would have been both simple and easy. The only problem with the plan was that it felt wrong, even if he despised it, it was still a living creature. Instead he waited for the sleuth to inevitably kill the fish, he'd killed a cactus so a fish should have stood no chance while under the other's care. Until it managed to last a whole 3 months, a quarter of a year.

Now with the evil creature gone, buried under a bunch of dirt. Kaito could make his move for revenge. Shinichi had lied to him, the sleuth had promised that his house would always be open and a safe place for him. So he was going to show the other just how much Shinichi getting a finny thing had hurt him. He was going to take and hide all of the sleuth's detective books and keep them hidden for 3 months. It wouldn't hit as hard as losing one's safe place, but it should still hurt enough for the other to regret their actions.

Kaito had relied on the Kudo manor for escape and safety. To get away when the Kid insults and mop swipes got too much. It was a place where he'd once felt safe enough to relax in after almost getting shot, stabbed or caught. A safe haven to rest while wounded either physically or emotionally. Now as he crept through the window, he felt unease rather than safety.

The magician made sure to stay quiet, more vigilant than normal as he carefully began to pack up the books. Just because he was upset and hurt, it didn't mean that he had the right to destroy them. There were a lot of them, so it actually took a fair number of trips. It had been expected, so he'd already chosen a nearby stash point. On the last trip, Kaito did a final sweep to double check that he'd gotten everything before silently leaving.

Kaito awoke to the next day with a scowl, Aoko's loud yelling jolting him out of his dreamless sleep "What do you want Ahoko?" He grumbled, having given up on getting annoyed whenever she entered his house without permission.

Aoko's cheeks puffed up angrily at the rude dismissal before she snatched away his pillow and whacked him with it "Aoko has done something amazing for you, so Bakaito better get his butt out of bed"

"Why does it not feel like it?" Kaito sarcastically replied as he sat up. Aoko would just keep bugging him otherwise.

The girl just rolled her eyes "Aoko has agreed to introduce you to one of her friend's friends since they passed a test"

Kaito blinked, confused "What?"

"Just get dressed in something nice, your black plants make your butt look nice to wear those" With that said she left his bedroom.

The magician spluttered "I don't want to go on a date with some random guy though!" He already had someone that he liked... Though... They hadn't talked in a long time now...

"Tough luck, Aoko is sick of seeing you so depressed lately. You will meet this boy that just barely qualifies to be a proper match for you"

Scowling Kaito got dressed in the black pants and a nice violet button up shirt before heading downstairs knowing that Aoko would yell at him if he didn't listen to her "I haven't eaten yet" He complained as she dragged him out of the house.

"Kaito is eating with his date" Aoko stated, smiling "Aoko's friend has told Aoko stories on how hopeless this guy is, so he needed to pass a test since you're also hopeless" She ignored Kaito's frown and continued "Aoko can't have Kaito partnered with someone too hopeless when it comes to self care or you'll both die"

"Oi" Kaito was really offended by that.

Aoko turned towards Kaito, raising a brow "Kaito skips meals and forgets to sleep all the time" They continued on "Aoko gave him the task of taking care of a pet before she allowed him to meet you. The pet lasted 3 months but that's better than the week Aoko had been expecting" She smiled "Aoko knew that Kaito would love him even if he was bad for him, so she didn't let you meet him until now"

The magician frowned "Three months?" That was about as long as... "Who am I meeting?"

"Kudo Shinichi, Aoko knows that he's a detective but she's really sure that Kaito would like him" They came to a stop in front of the nearby bakery "He also seemed really intent on meeting Kaito even after learning about your habits" She gave him a little push "At least talk to the guy, he looks like Kaito" She then left.

Kaito immediately caught sight of the sleuth who was sitting awkwardly at a table when he stepped inside "Why didn't you tell me?" He huffed, sitting down across from the other.

"We never publicly met since we didn't want Hakuba to see through any act..." Shinichi's cheeks tinted a nice shade of pink "And I wanted to prove that I was capable enough to be with you to everyone" The cactus was still used against him every now and then.

The magician sighed "You really hurt me you know"

"I know" Shinichi was avoiding Kaito's gaze "I'm sorry"

Indigo narrowed a bit "Your books will remain my hostages until I say so" Shinichi winced. Kaito's expression softened "But I wouldn't mind going on a few dates with you" He relented.

Me: Shinichi is a fool, Kaito is petty but forgiving

Don't flush goldfish down the toilet, it's apparently really bad? Oops, well I was a child so it's forgivable

Hope you enjoyed~

°^° I wish there were more MK/DC fics, even I have a limit on how many times I can reread things >^<