Hell (Hell)

1009 Words excluding (A/N)~ Berry doesn't own MK/DC~

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~Yay 3K Views~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

Written August 30 2019
Posted September 29 2019

Indigos burned, threatening to shed tears as he gazed mournfully at the carnage surrounding him, he really hadn't expected there to be so much of it. He'd expected a corpse or two, not this. He swallowed a dry lump in his throat as he held his fragile package closer to his chest, praying that he somehow wouldn't lose his lunch.

Blood coated almost every surface, the floors, walls, rusted bars, the metallic operating tables, just everything. Most of it was dried, the varying darkness of the patches told him that blood had been repeatedly spilt and dried in many places. He didn't really want to think about how blood had managed to splatter itself all over the ceilings as well.

The smell was also revolting due to the location being underground. The air was thick with the scent of blood, decay, feces, and urine, proving that it had most likely never been cleaned. The air was almost too thick to breathe.

He bared his teeth, and angry hiss escaping from his lips as he was forced to walk through a half congealed blood puddle, the volume too thick for it to just simply dry as a stain.

He made the mistake of glancing into one of the cells, bile threatening to paint the floor at the sight. A shiver wracked his frame as indigo met with dulled blue as he forced himself to turn away. He shook his head to force his imagination to still, all the while he silently regretted not arriving in this sick hell sooner.

If he'd been quicker, then maybe he could have saved all these poor children, as it was, there was nothing but little corpses in the holding cells he'd passed. Not all had been in the cells, a lot had been strapped onto filthy tables, feeble wrists and ankles restrained by heavy bolts before being left to decay. A lot of the tiny frames had looked severely emaciated with the way their seemingly paper thin skin had struggled to stretch over their skeletal structures. He'd been horribly wrong though, when he'd checked their tiny wrists for a pulse, the flesh had torn from the faint pressure.

Indigos glanced down fearfully at his tiny package, he'd almost been too late for this one as well. They felt so weak and fragile, almost as if the smallest of jolt would snuff out their remaining strength.

A small sniffle escaped from him, in the end he didn't bother wiping away his tears. Crying was fine, as long as he stayed relatively silent. He hadn't come across any living resistance when he'd entered this underground hell, but he didn't want to push his luck and come across the vile people who'd done all this. He wasn't really sure he'd be able to hold back on them, his conscious didn't need to be further burdened with their deaths.

He really couldn't understand people sometimes, what drove them to do this to hundreds of children? They couldn't have been expecting good scientific findings from their results could they? Indigos burned, this place was way too filthy for any sort of scientific excitement to be successful. That meant that the bastards were only doing this for some sort of sick fun.

He stumbled, using the filthy wall to catch his balance. The fumes were starting to make his head hurt, he glanced down at his tiny package. Was that why he hasn't woken up yet? He frowned, wondering if the children had been unconscious for most of their stay here. He wasn't sure if the knowledge would soothe his imagination or not.

Either way, he needed to get out of this maze before he lost consciousness, he was the little package's last hope. He also didn't want to test the theory of the fumes keeping the children unconscious, it wasn't likely that anybody would come looking for him down here, or at least not within the ideal time frame.

Dammit! He ignored the momentarily blurring of his vision in favour of continuing further. He was seriously regretting coming down here as Kaito and not Kaitou Kid instead. He'd just seen a curious looking tunnel within the woods and had decided to explore it, how was he supposed to know it'd lock behind him and lead him into this hellhole?

He let out a small chuckle as he wondered if him stumbling into this hellhole was due to a stroke of good luck or bad luck. On one hand he wasn't sure if he was trapped or not and would probably have nightmares for months. On the other hand, if he hadn't found this place, he never would have found the sole survivor.

Tears prickled at the corners of his eyes at that thought, be bit his lip, hugging the tiny survivor closer to his chest. What an awful thought that was. To disappear into this place, all alone, never to return. If the little survivor had left so suddenly without warning, he didn't know how long he'd have searched before giving up. His vision blurred, causing him to stumble through a doorway. God why were there so many doorways and rooms to this place?! What's the fucking point of the obscure layout?!

He shook his head in an attempt to clear his vision, the attempt resulting in a wave of nausea coming forth. He sagged against the disgusting wall, not really having the energy to care as he fought the nausea. He couldn't really see anything but blurs now.

He coughed a few times, his throat feeling numb before shoving himself away from the wall, or at least he tried to. Instead his knees wobbled, sending him crashing down to the ground. "I'll get us out of here Tantei-Kun..." Kaito whispered on the edge of passing out. Why was he so tired?! He wasn't even injured. He'd just have a little rest before continuing. Then he'd somehow get the two of them out of this dreaded place. Yeah, that seems like a good idea he decided before indigos fluttered to a close.

Me: So how was this? Did you guess that he was carrying Conan before he said 'Tantei-Kun'?

Hope you enjoyed~

Uwaaa •^• berry wrote a haiku story about a fox kit and his mother >.<

Berry never would have thought writing a story while counting syllables would be so hard... Gah it be called 'Vixen- Haiku Story'

Such an original name XD