Find Me (No!)

1017 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 29 2022
Posted February 13 2022

It took hours before Ginzo finally stumbled upon Kaito. He actually ended up tripping over the poor kid. Kaito had been curled up on the ground, his small size allowing him to hide in a slight dip in the ground. Relief washed over him "Thank god I've found you Kaito-kun" Ginzo breathed, offering a weary smile.

Kaito was covered in dirt, eyes red and puffy, no doubt from crying. The boy was sitting up, but still hunched in on himself, eyeing him warily. Fuck, he was going to have to either convince him or drag him home by force. Ginzo didn't think that using force would be good for the kid's emotional health.

"Where's mom?" Kaito inquired, voice soft, fearful. His mom was supposed to be the one to find him, not the inspector. He needed his mom to show him how much she cared for him, and maybe promise to never leave him alone ever again. The inspector finding him wasn't good, he'd bring him home without giving his mom the chance to find him. She should be at an airport or on a plane heading back home right about now.

Ginzo swallowed, mouth suddenly feeling dry. Kaito looked so hopeful, but also fearful. Damn it. Shoulders slumping in defeat, Ginzo sat down across from Kaito "She's not coming" He admitted. If he said otherwise, then it would be harder to get Kaito to agree to come home.

"You're lying" The boy's words were filled with denial. Kaito shook his head, tears already beading in the corners of his eyes "She just needs more time to get back" His mom had to love him, she just had to. Why else would she come home every once in a while? Kaito sniffed "Mom will find me"

"Kaito..." Ginzo's heart broke. While the boy was verbally denying it, he obviously knew the truth, at least subconsciously. Kaito just didn't want to believe it. He reached over to clasp the boy's shoulder with his hand "I found you" He wasn't the boy's mother, but that had to at least count for something, right?

Kaito stared at him for a few moments, tears silently trailing down his face before he suddenly shook his head "I don't want you!" He was sobbing now, frantically rubbing at his eyes to stop the tears "I want my mom!" He needed to know that his mom loved him!

"Well you can't have your mom" Ginzo sighed, trying not to feel hurt at the boy's outburst "She's not going to come, she blocked my number" It was the truth, a painful truth, but the truth all the same. Defending Chikage would just give Kaito more hope that would just end up getting crushed in the long run "You're stuck with me instead"

"Why?!" Kaito crumpled in on himself, ignoring how the movement made his ankle hurt. Was there something wrong with him? Why did his mom not care about him?

Ginzo scooted closer to hug the wailing boy. Kaito needed to let it all out, holding in too many emotions could do more harm than good. He seriously hated Chikage so much. Kaito cried and cried. Eventually he seemed to calm down a bit, tears were still flowing, but his breaths were a bit more even "Do you feel a bit better now?" Ginzo asked softly, rubbing Kaito's back.

Sniffing, Kaito felt so tired, utterly exhausted. He raised his watery gaze to meet Ginzo's "Did I do something wrong?" His voice cracked "Why does mom hate me so much?" What had he done wrong? And how could he fix it?

"You have done nothing wrong Kaito" Ginzo was quick to assure the boy "It's your mother that's messing everything up, not you" His words came out a little harder than he'd meant them to. Thankfully it didn't frighten Kaito.

"I've got to have done something" Kaito argued. His mom had been great before his dad died. She'd been awesome, not as awesome as his dad, but close. She couldn't have started to hate him unless it was his own fault.

Ginzo shook his head "No, and even if you did do something, it would still be wrong of her to leave you alone so much" He eyed Kaito sadly, the poor kid didn't deserve this. Kaito was supposed to be bright and full of energy and pranks.

Kaito wilted "I don't want to go home" He was tired, so very tired. But he didn't want to go back.

"You're going to have to go home Kaito-kun" Ginzo sighed "You're going to get sick" Kaito's skin had felt chilled when he'd hugged him "If you're not already sick that is"

"I don't want to" He went to get up, to run. The pain in his ankle stopped him. Kaito glared down at the offending body part for not cooperating with him. He scowled, but it looked more defeated than angry "It's so lonely"

Ginzo's eyes softened "What if I said you could stay with Aoko and I?" Aoko would be thrilled, until Kaito did one too many things to annoy her.

"That's not home" Kaito replied sadly.

"How about you can come and go whenever you want?" Ginzo offered "I'll get you a key" And Aoko one so it would be fair. As it currently was, Kaito had to knock on their door to be let in.

Kaito stayed silent. That sounded nice. He'd be able to visit whenever he had nightmares. He had nightmares often, they were usually about his dad. His dad had died right in front of him "Wouldn't that annoy you?" He didn't want to annoy Ginzo too much. What if he left him too? "I get nightmares a lot"

Fuck. Ginzo forced his expression to remain calm "That's fine, Aoko gets nightmares sometimes too" Kaito had been dealing with nightmares all by himself. Ginzo felt sick. Kaito didn't used to have nightmares, but that was before Toichi had died...

The boy looked down at his ankle "I don't think I can walk" It hurt, and maybe it was swelling?

"I'll carry you" Ginzo offered a small smile "Then we can have a nice brunch with Aoko after we get your ankle checked out"

Me: So Kaito was found relatively okay~

Comment? ^-^

•3• I hate when I have a lot of food, but all of it requires cooking.

Sometimes I'm not in the mood to cook or aren't feeling well >^< I usually end up eating cereal or frozen waffles >~>

Bleh, today I'm going to make macaroni and cheese (boxed stuff) in the microwave. There I've said it so I must do it to prevent a lie from taking form •^•

Surprisingly enough I think it tastes better cooked that way, and I only gotta clean the bowl, spoon and measuring cup

I also don't use butter/Margarine in it because I'm lazy. And it's healthier that way so it's fine XD... I only use it if I have no milk

I like President's Choice cheddar brand and Kraft Dinner Cheesy Shells  (three cheese?) the most >~<

Why do both not come in those boxes that hold many!?! Not fair QAQ... And why do I buy so few when they're on sale!?!

Gah, gotta stop limiting myself out of politeness. I just feel bad if I take too many of something, even before covid.

What is your magic number for buying things? Mine is usually 4 before I start feeling greedy (no car so I walk and gotta make my trips worth it)