Protect (Worry)

1016 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written October 12 2020
Posted November 8 2020

Kaito's limbs felt heavy, he shifted a bit, eyes still closed, frowning when he found that he could barely move. Heart rate speeding up, the magician fully woke, indigos immediately searching for a threat. As he took in his surroundings, Kaito let himself relax, he recognized his location, He glanced to the side, a small smile tugging at his lips when he met the other's worried gaze "Thanks for saving me" The coldness of the water had been a shock to his system.

Saguru couldn't bring himself to return the other's smile "I wasn't the one who found you" He'd been too slow, and he wasn't sure if the sleuth had been lying about using CPR or not. He really hoped that he'd been lying.

The magician blinked, startled "Then why am I here?" Safe in Saguru's house instead of in a cell. The many blankets covering him no longer felt restrictive now that he knew that he was safe.

"I don't know" And it was seriously worrying him "When I got there, Kudo-kun was next to you" Saguru grimaced "Please tell me that you remember changing yourself"

Kaito stiffened, eyes narrowing as he tried to remember. He gave the blond a panicked look "I don't remember" He sat up, shoving the blankets off "Shit" Now stressed, he ran a hand through his hair as he did his best to stop himself from freaking out "Why did it have to be the Meitantei of all people?" The sleuth had used him many times in the past, so the guy might just be waiting to use him again.

"Are we in danger?" Saguru inquired, Shinichi had seen him with Kaito.

The magician shook his head "Not right now, if he wanted to arrest me right away, he never would have let you take me" He clenched his fists, it was still worrying "Do you know where the gem is?"

"It wasn't on you when I checked" A hollow pit formed in Saguru's stomach "So he has proof" Touching Kaito's fingers to the gem would have been easy and great proof. Especially since Kuroba Kaito shouldn't have been anywhere near said gem.

Kaito cursed "Since nobody has come banging down the doors, we should be able to consider ourselves safe for now" His shoulders slumped, he almost wished that Saguru hadn't rescued him, then he'd be the only one in this mess "He's probably planning to use me" He offered a smile when he noted that the other's shoulders had tensed "He's not a criminal, I'll just probably almost get blown up a few times" The last part was a low mutter.

Gold widened "Blown up?!" His voice was shrill with panic, how was that not criminal activity?! "We've got to get to one of your safe houses"

Saguru's concern was touching "I was helping to take care of some really dangerous bad guys" Kaito let out a sigh "Those guys are gone now..." He frowned "So I don't have a clue" What if he was wrong? What if the sleuth had just wanted to get Saguru too but needed to acquire more proof first. He should leave Saguru's house as soon as possible "I'm going home" He hopped off the bed.

The blond stood up from the chair he'd been sitting on "Alone?" Gold narrowed "Are you planning on doing something stupid to protect me?" He wouldn't put it past the other.

"I'm just going home to draw away any possible suspicions" He offered a small grin "Me heading home couldn't possibly be more suspicious than staying here" They were classmates, so visiting was fine, but staying too long might be a bad idea.

Saguru frowned "I really don't like this" He didn't want to abandon his friend.

Kaito smirked "It's fine, I can just run away if I spot any danger" He winked "You know how good at that I am" With that he hopped out the window.

The blond stared at the window for a few moments before cursing, he'd forgotten to scold Kaito for hopping into the sea at night in the middle of winter. The magician had also neglected to take a coat just now as well! He ducked his head in defeat, he was going to have to take care of a sick Kaito now wasn't he?

When he got to his house, the magician frowned. Someone had entered it, and managed to get past all his traps. Swallowing, Kaito just wiped his shoes on the mat instead of removing them. Was the break in related to the heist?

He checked the bottom floor, finding nothing out of place besides his tampered traps. Indigos narrowed at the stairs, he still had to check the upper floor. His mom's room and the other rooms ended up being clear, so now all he had to do was check his own room. Right away Kaito noticed something off, one of his magic books was on the floor near the entrance to his workshop. It didn't look tossed, instead it seemed like it'd been placed there deliberately.

Shit, please don't mean what he thought it meant. Alarmed, the magician pushed through the entryway, freezing when he spotted the piece of paper taped to where he kept his Kid suits. Oh god, ice chilled his veins, he was screwed. He ran over to read the note.

Does Hakuba know?

Those three words were terrifying, Kaito crumpled the paper, shoving it into his pocket. Shinichi had let him go just so he could catch Saguru as well, he couldn't help but grit his teeth. The sleuth was a worthy opponent, the guy has probably already gotten a whole boatload of evidence from this place.

Indigos burned from frustration, his trust in Saguru would destroy his friend. Saguru's fingerprints were all over his workshop, all those long nights working together in a comfortable silence... He needed to warn Saguru, then confront the meitantei before everything got out.

Maybe if he gave himself up without a fight, the sleuth would let Saguru go. If he really had to, he'd threaten to expose Shinichi as the missing Conan to Ran. He had the proof, and he'd use it to protect his friend.

Me: Misunderstandings~ This was so fun to write~

Hope you enjoyed~

•3• I'm a pathetic weakling when it comes to spicy foods... anything labeled spicy is too much... Even many 'non-spicy' things are too much for me XD

Kaito Oneshots - Magic Kaitoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें