Understanding

1024 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written November 25 2020
Posted January 3 2021

I have a VERY important question at the end 0.0 !!!!! You might regret not taking part of the choosing

Saguru let out a sigh, head propped up by his good hand as he waited for Kaito to get their food. Normally, if Kaito were to offer to help, or even hang out with him, he would feel uneasy. The two of them weren't exactly friends after all, sure they didn't antagonize each other as much, but that was still a far cry from actual friendship. However this time, he doubted that the magician had mischievous motives behind his offer. Kaito was trying to be nice because he felt guilty, Saguru was sure of it.

To be honest, the blond felt like he should be the one who was thankful. If it weren't for Kaito, he'd be six feet below the ground right about now. A broken arm was a fair trade off for his life, bones could heal, death couldn't be fixed. Kaito had swiftly shoved him into a ditch moments before he heard a gunshot. The action wasn't what had broken his arm, it was Kaito following after and landing on him that had done it. His arm had already been positioned badly, the sudden impact had been the last straw.

If it weren't for the fact that the other was only hanging around him out of some misplaced form of guilt, he'd actually be enjoying this a lot more. Kaito was entertaining and great company, when he wasn't being a shit. Saguru enjoyed the other's presence, despite how it more often than not raised his blood pressure. The magician didn't attempt to befriend him due to his status or money, so the blond knew that any friendship between them would be genuine. If they ever got that far.

"Sorry it took so long" Kaito apologized as he smoothly slid into the seat across from Saguru, their meals appearing in front of them "The lady in front of me kept changing her order" He stirred his straw around in his root beer before taking a sip.

"It's quite alright" Saguru offered a half smile, unable to give a full one. Not when the other person was only trying to ease their own conscience. His gaze lingered for a few moments on the bandages wrapped around some of Kaito's fingers before turning it towards his own food, a simple burger and fries combo. Kaito's meal was the same "My schedule is more open than usual today" The blond inwardly cursed when Kaito visibly deflated at his words.

"I'm sorry" It was his fault Saguru's dominant arm had been injured, if only he'd reacted more calmly instead of panicking. He was Kaitou Kid! He shouldn't have lost his cool so easily the moment he saw a gun pointed at the other, he was trained to be better than that.

Gold narrowed "You saved my life, stop apologizing for it Kuroba" He took a sip of his own drink, iced tea. It wasn't as good as proper tea, but it would suffice "A broken arm is a lot better than what would have happened if you hadn't been there" He didn't want to deal with the magician when he was sad "Since you're only here because you feel guilty, I would advise you to leave" He met the other's gaze "You have done nothing to deserve guilt, and we both know that you do not like me enough to hang out with me" He got up and left, leaving his food behind. He didn't have that much of an appetite anyways. Saguru called Baaya and had her drive him home.

A few hours later, there was a knock on his study door, he'd been reading over some cases "Come in Baaya" He didn't bother to look up until after a few minutes passed in silence. When he did look up, he was surprised to see Kaito, the magician lingering near the door, looking oddly nervous "What are you doing here?"

"I don't hate you" Kaito blurted out, gaze downcast "That's why you got hurt, I panicked at the sight of a gun pointing at you"

Saguru blinked, that would explain why the fall had been so messy but... "You always do your best to avoid me" He countered, Kaito didn't have to like him to worry about him. The magician was a frustratingly good guy like that.