Hell (End)

1006 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

Written September 17 2019
Posted October 6 2019

Part 2 of 'Hell" it was supposed to be a oneshot but berry got lazy (and got stuck) and decided to build off of it XD

"Dear god!" Saguru gaped in absolute horror as he watched the rocks tumble down, sealing his classmate into some sort of cave. He ran to the rockfall once the rocks had settled, calling out Kaito's name.

After a few minutes of calling he pulled out his phone and called the authorities for help, telling that his classmate was trapped behind a wall of rocks and that he was in need of a rescue. Not a body recovery, but a rescue. Gold gleamed helplessly at the rockfall. There was no way that his number one suspect for Kaitou Kid would die like this right? There was no possible way. His classmate was alive, he had to be.

Saguru didn't dare attempt to dislodge any of the rocks, he wasn't an expert in this field. What if he managed to dislodge some rocks, only for others to become dislodged as well. What if those rocks ended up crushing the magician? Saguru didn't think he'd be able to live with himself if Kaito died due to his mistake. He bit his lip, he just had to wait and hope that Kaito had been knocked unconscious. He'd have already responded if he were conscious right? Kaito could be mean, but even he wouldn't play such a cruel trick on him. Right? Saguru grimaced, Kaito had a good track for proving him wrong.

"You bloody hell better be alive Kuroba-Kun" Saguru muttered. He really didn't know what he'd do if he were wrong.

*

"What do you bloody mean that we can't go in there to find him?!" Saguru growled, waving a hand towards the now mostly cleared cave entrance. Kaito had thankfully not been found beneath the rocks, meaning that the magician had headed deeper into the cave. It looked like it had once had a metallic door sealing the entrance, but it had probably been crushed by the rockfall.

The emergency worker sighed "Our equipment is picking up toxic fumes, we can't let anybody enter without gas masks"

Saguru grit his teeth to disguise the panic flaring up within him. Toxic fumes?! Kaito may be an extraordinary magician, but he was only human "Kuroba-Kun is down there though!" He argued. What if Kaito perished in the time it took them to retrieve the gas masks?! "There's no time!" He hissed, turning towards the entrance. If they weren't going to look for his classmate he would!

"Sorry, we can't legally allow you to go in there" The worker apologised, taking hold of Saguru's arm in a firm grip. He gave the blond a sympathetic smile "I'm sure your friend can last a little bit longer" He breathed "Getting yourself poisoned as well won't do him any good right?" He asked.

The detective paused, visibly deflating at the response. The worker was right, he couldn't really do anything to help Kaito right now. He looked forlornly at the cave. He hated feeling helpless.

*

"Kuroba-Kun!" Saguru choked out, horrified to see his classmate curled up in a pool of mostly dried blood. He swiftly removed his gloves and felt for the magician's pulse. A few horrifying moments passed until a weak thrum was felt. The blond sagged in relief. Kaito hadn't died in this god forsaken place.

He went to pick up the smaller teen before pausing, there was something cradled in the magician's arms. No, someone, he corrected himself once he'd unlatched Kaito's arms. Gold widened in horror, he recognised that face! It was Edogawa Conan! The young boy looked horrible as Saguru felt for Conan's pulse, praying that he hadn't died in his classmate's arms. If he had, it'd scar Kaito horribly emotionally. He let out a relieved breath when he located Conan's faint pulse. Both were alive, for now. Hopefully they'd stay that way.

*

The sound of beeping and smell of antiseptic were the first things that came to him when he awoke. His head hurt, and he still felt a little dizzy. "Kuroba-Kun..." Saguru breathed in relief when he noticed the other's faint movement.

Weary indigos glanced over towards the blond "What happened?" He inquired, he didn't really remember much. Why was he in the hospital? There hadn't been a Kid heist had there? If so, why wasn't he behind bars or at least under surveillance?

Gold narrowed in concern "I had been following you through the forest, hoping to reveal your identity as Kid" He paused, Kaito rolled his eyes before sitting up. Why did his body feel so heavy? "You entered a tunnel and it suddenly collapsed behind you, I left for help since I knew I couldn't move heavy rocks all by myself...." Saguru replied, refusing to admit the horror he'd felt during the collapse. He'd subconsciously feared that his classmate had died and that the only work needed to be done was to retrieve his body.

Kaito smirked "I guess having a stalker can be useful at times"

Saguru frowned "The boy you had, Conan-Kun should be alright" He stated, wondering why Kaito hadn't already inquired about him.

Indigos widened before a grimace overtook his features as he remembered the hell "So That really happened?" He asked, despite already knowing the answer.

Gold glanced away "Yes, unfortunately that place was real... Fetching gas masks had wasted a lot of time..." He glanced back towards Kaito "If you ever want someone to talk to, I'd be happy to oblige..." He offered, Kaito wasn't used to such violence like he was. Kaito was a gentle soul.

Indigos darkened, the magician staying silent for a few moments "I-" His voice trailed off "I think that I may actually take you up on that offer" He muttered, haunted indigos meeting sympathetic gold. Kaito wrapped the hospital blanket a little tighter around himself, a sick feeling churning within his gut. He'd given up hadn't he? He'd allowed himself to rest, not caring about the consequences. His fists clenched the blanket tightly, his knuckles going white. How could he have done that!? It hadn't just been his own life at stake. He glanced at Saguru. If he hadn't been following him... "Thank you" The magician choked out.

Me: I bet you thought Kaito died~ Well... It has been awhile since I've killed him... hmm...

What was the first subbed anime you watched? Mine was yugioh GX season 4~ that season was too violent apparently~ Stupid 4Kids dubs

•^• zee only things they good at is making awesome and catchy music XD