Trust You (Mystery?)

1023 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written October 3 2021
Posted October 10 2021

No smutty stuff

It'd been a few months since he and Kaito had formed a half bond together, and Conan had been pleasantly surprised that not much had changed between himself and the thief. What changes there had been were positive rather than negative. At first he'd been a bit fearful that his new control over the other would cause Kaito to be at least a little more antagonistic towards him- because Kaito was someone who didn't like to be controlled. Thankfully the opposite had happened.

Kaito came around frequently, and not just to play pranks on him. Pranks were played, but they were always playful instead of mean. Conan had actually started to like said pranks, fun surprises were a lot better than bloody ones. The pranks were only a reason for some of the visits though, more often than not, the magician just came around just to spend time with him.

Spending time with Kaito was nice, the magician was smart, inquisitive, and very entertaining. He also knew when Conan had had a bad day, and on those days Kaito's scent was less energetic and more soothing as they just sat together and read or watched something. Marking Kaito, and not taking advantage of both that and knowing his identity, it had cemented himself as truly trustworthy in the magician's eyes. For some odd reason, learning that had made Conan feel all kinds of fuzzy and happy.

Conan leaned back against Kaito, breathing in the magician's calming chocolatey scent. The magician had taken to plopping Conan onto his lap as they watched movies together. It allowed for better hugs that way, and Conan was surprisingly okay with that. Kaito's scent was always free at times like this, and he'd never showed any signs of having less platonic intentions. The smell would have given him away. So knowing that Kaito's intentions weren't creepy, the tiny sleuth consented to the cuddling. He'd also be lying if he ever said that he didn't like it. Conan tilted his head back to eye Kaito "You smell a bit different"

Kaito let out a small laugh, indigos shining softly "My heat is soon, don't worry" He played with Conan's hair a bit "My heats have calmed after you marked me, I'm able to go out in public mid-heat without giving anything away"

Azure widened "That better not be from experience" Ever since the new laws came into effect, alphas were allowed to 'help' any omega in heat that they find. The only exception was if said omega was hiding away in their own house.

"It was only that one time, but I needed to scout some things out" Kaito winced as he felt Conan elbow him in the stomach "Kaitou Kid is thought to be an alpha, there would be no reason for things to get delayed since it's now legal for alphas in rut to go outside" His heats had been infrequent enough that he could delay things in the name of a rut.

"Don't do that again, it's not worth the risk" How could Kaito have been so stupid?! His actions had been not only stupid, but severely dangerous as well. Conan's lips came into a firm line "If you really need to do something, call me instead. I'll help if it doesn't go against my morals" It was doubtful that it ever would, Kaitou Kid was a good person.

"Oh?"Kaito's scent was pleasantly surprised. Conan enjoyed it. The magician tilted his head "You really mean that?" His smile was more warm than mischievous, making Conan's heart flutter a bit "You'd do sneaky thief things for me?"

Conan rolled his eyes "If it means lowering the chances of an asshole trying to rape you, then of course" Kaito had quickly become a good friend, he cared about his safety. Conan looked away, fighting off the blush that threatened to creep it's way onto his face. Why did that fluster him?

Kaito hummed "Okay, I accept your kind offer"

"Just don't take advantage of it" Conan huffed.

Indigos glinted "I'd never intentionally break your trust"

Conan nodded "Same" He suddenly frowned, nose twitching as he gave Kaito a suspicious look "Are you sure you're not actually in heat" He could smell slick. He really liked the smell.

Kaito blinked before realizing that he was a bit wet "Shit" He quickly picked Conan up and placed him beside him instead of on his lap "I didn't even realize" He blushed, Conan could smell his slick, that was awkward "Why am I wet? I'm not even aroused" Thank god they'd realized before Conan had felt said slick instead of smelling it.

The tiny sleuth pushed back his embarrassment in order to sniff Kaito's scent, there was no arousal "Huh" His confusion was quick to override his embarrassment "Maybe it's because your 'alpha' is physically underage?" It was rare that a very young alpha was paired with a sexually mature omega so there wasn't much study when it came to that.

"No" Kaito stood up, quickly checking to make sure he hadn't soiled the couch. He hadn't. He checked his backside and silently cheered, there was no wet mark "My last few heats were accompanied by arousal" His cheeks tinted even though it was normal.

Azure narrowed in thought "That is strange then" He'll need to do some research. Conan suddenly paused his current thought process as he remembered that Kaito was in heat "Do you need me to get you anything?"

The magician was silent as he thought for a bit "No, I just need to change clothes and get some slick pads on" He sounded confused "I'm not feeling the usual urges" He crossed his arms as he contemplated the weird situation. There was no urge to at the very least touch himself... But "Can we cuddle once I'm cleaned up and not at risk of dirtying the couch?"

Conan eyed Kaito curiously "Maybe my presence made your heat react differently..." He paused for a second "You have slick, but that's just a biological result of a heat... But you're not aroused since you're in the presence of your underage alpha..."

Kaito flushed at how the other was entering detective mode over his heat "I'll go change now"

Me: So they're getting along fine. I'm glad that I've thought up more parts to this~

Comment? ^-^

°^° The strawberries in my one yogurt were crunchy, I'm not buying that brand again.

I've never has a strawberry actually crunch while it was in yogurt... I do not approve